Just picked up a Remington M24

Mrvmax

Unfired but no box, paid $1500 for it which wasn't too bad considering what they sold for new (and what the one below is listed for). It looks like they made 500 of them. It's a bit heavy to hunt with, I need to decide whether I will put it in the safe or put a scope on it and see how it shoots. M24

They made alot more than 500 of them. I've never heard of one selling so cheap. Are you sure it is actually an m24?

So Eurooptic a while back had legit M-24's from a Military buy back. Painted stocks etc, these got rebarrled and put back into the nick, dinged, painted stocks. a year or so later once those "buybacks" sold out Euro coordinated with Rem to make 500 M-24's with the ASA pre-fix. If you scored an ASA prefix for $1500 the guy selling didn't know it's value. Also there are much better options these days for "sniper" platforms but if you want nostalgia this is the ticket. They are solid shooters.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.