Just ordered my Benchsource Annealing machine

Korhil78

Just ordered the Benchsource annealer from Grafs and Sons. I want to know if you guys got the temp right by using tempilaq at first and then set the time or what? I am pretty new at it so I am going to be reading a lot about it but just wanted to get some input here as well. Any tips with the machine would be great. I plan on hooking up a propane tank to it instead of using the two small tanks.

Get some tempilaq and use it. I use between 4-5 seconds for a 6 dasher (6 BR case) and about 6 seconds on 284 brass. Start with small flames and short times until you get the hang of it. If you have any questions email Benchsource, thy are very helpful. Definitely use tempilaq every time on a scrap piece of brass until you get the machine set. You can run it through more than once to get it right, but too hot and the brass is done.

You are going to love it . I use a Ken Light machine and found it easy to use and very uniform

Long Live Brass!!!

I seem to not be able to get my flame as "long" when I use a propane tank vs the one pounders. Let us know how it works out for you with the propane tank.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.