Just ordered a Vectronixs Terrapin PLRF05!

Elmerdeer, what's the latest on your Vetronix? Or any one else using one, how is it working out? I'm upgrading my Leica this spring, and it will be a G7 or the Vetronix. So far the guys I have spoken with using the G7 say they work, and work well. I don't need 3K yard ranging capability, I need something capable of quickly and accurately ranging small, non-reflective objects out to at least 1200 yards, 1600 would be even better. I like to shoot 'chucks at long range.

I'm upgrading my Leica this spring, and it will be a G7 or the Vetronix. So far the guys I have spoken with using the G7 say they work, and work well. I don't need 3K yard ranging capability, I need something capable of quickly and accurately ranging small, non-reflective objects out to at least 1200 yards, 1600 would be even better.

I'd spend the extra $500. This sport has been perpetual upgrades for me. Buy one time and be done. If not you'll spend more in the long run. This is just from my experience. I have many times over paid for the better product by trying to save, and still don't have it. if that make any sense.

Elmerdeer, what's the latest on your Vetronix? Or any one else using one, how is it working out? I'm upgrading my Leica this spring, and it will be a G7 or the Vetronix. So far the guys I have spoken with using the G7 say they work, and work well. I don't need 3K yard ranging capability, I need something capable of quickly and accurately ranging small, non-reflective objects out to at least 1200 yards, 1600 would be even better. I like to shoot 'chucks at long range.

I'd spend the extra $500. This sport has been perpetual upgrades for me. Buy one time and be done. If not you'll spend more in the long run. This is just from my experience. I have many times over paid for the better product by trying to save, and still don't have it. if that make any sense.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.