Just one morešŸ˜¬

belldar

109A8D72-9493-4D34-AB72-A3F2C388BC3C.jpeg

Well if I have to be addicted to one thing I'm glad it's something like this.
Fresh off the lath. 11LB 338 RUM. Hope the SWAG brake is up to the challenge of 300gr accubonds!

B-52/Stiller long action
Bartlein 3B 26 inch W/SWAG muzzle brake Threaded and chambered by a great local gunsmith.
Hawkins CIP bottom metal W/Accurate-magCIP
Greyboe Terrain stock(newer <2lb version)
Hawkins rings topped with NX8 4-32.
just under 11 lbs the way it sits.
It isn't as extravagant as a lot of builds on here but for a budget build I'm very happy with how it turned out. I guess most of my builds are budget builds though And they have worked and shot great!
The SWAG brake did well with the 300PRC so hoping (gunsmith reamed out 338) it dose well to reduce the RUM blast. Set her up as identical as I could to my 284 except for the short action part and the RUM is a Pound lighter with a 2 inch longer barrel. I wanted to balance out lighter weight but not to light for a mountain rifle In 338RUM. Went through some things these last years that helped me decide on Doing some projects I had dreamed of now instead of later. That's my excuse anywayšŸ˜‰

Last edited:
102F2AE2-A335-45B3-B089-69F0C45E930C.jpeg

Not bad for the first 4 shots breaking in the barrel. Would be better but I have the shakes today from working legs yesterday. Brake works well but even with muffs it gave me a headache. I am getting a muzzle velocity way higher than expected for a lower load of H1000(95gr). 250 gr Accubonds are going 3020 at the muzzle! Seems a bit much but maybe that Is normal velocity for 250s? No signs of pressure at all! Should I back down a grain or two or Stay with this? I don't like pushing new barrels too hard.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.