Just me?

dbhoug

I have been reading some amazing stories on here about certain hunters who have shot 300+ lb whitetails at 300+ yards and drilled them in the exact spot planned (within fractions of an inch). Is it my equipment, or am I just woefully inadequate for this hobby? I was proud of some 1 shot kills I have made, but will surely never share them now! I can only wish that one day I could equal the feats of these superhunters. Simply amazing! What is the secret? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What 300+ lb whitetail???

I don't recall reading that post recently.

300 yards though and within inches isn't a real "super" feat, just a little practice... Where are thos deer again??

Oh!

I didn't read that thread very well I guess...lot of threads to read over and some I gloss over pretty quick.

Thanks

You are right... a lot of threads. Also a wealth of information from many and varied sources. Great Place!

Hang around, have a look.

Read, practice and spend some money (happens to folks in these parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) and it won't be long before you can put the eye out of a skunk at 200 yards. Deer at 500 yards are chip shots (so long as the wind isn't blowing strong enough peel the paint of the patrol car).

Take a little drive over to Len's place in Wisc. (when he invites you) and see his stuff and shooting!!! Maybe some day I'll be back up to Eau Claire and we can have a little get together with the local shooters up there...stop by then too.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.