Just Joining from Atlanta

Yep. Sorry for any confusion that caused.

I was trying to welcome our new member, while simultaneously responding to ShtrRdy's comment about where a herd of that size likes to hide.

That photo was taken of a sizable herd that gathered only a couple of hundred yards from where I had taken an elk a couple hours earlier.

Up in the hills of Hayden, Colorado, not too far from where ShtrRdy had referenced.

Welcome aboard! I live in Alpharetta! Be sure to carry a few extra magazines in Downtown ATL... it is becoming " Little Chicago" with all the shootings
Thanks 257WHBY13 - nice handle. I agree about downtown, especially after the last two years. I actually live close to Alpharetta. We'll have to meet for a cold one some time just to chat.

Yep. been hunting New Mexico a lot the last half dozen years. Use to hunt Wyoming before that.
I like New Mexico, once even lived in Ruidosa. I hunted the Gila Ntl Forrest out of Truth or Consequences. Two years on expensive guided hunts off horses. Heard one bugle but never saw an elk. But I would like to try it again since Colorado is so crowded.

Thanks 257WHBY13 - nice handle. I agree about downtown, especially after the last two years. I actually live close to Alpharetta. We'll have to meet for a cold one some time just to chat.
Good deal, sounds good. I am headed out of town tomorrow for the week, but should be around next few weeks, I go up to Wilson Shoals to shoot about once a month or so too.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.