Just installed some new bottom metal.

woodsja

Howdy, I just installed a DM system on my 30.06 Remington 700 and wanted to share some pics with you guys. I purchased a set of bottom metal from Jeff at CDI Precision Gunworks along with two .300 Winchester magazines and had him inlet my stock.​
zXlftl.jpg

Here's a close up with a magazine installed. The trigger guard is plenty big enough for gloves. The whole magazine acceptor is milled out of a solid chunk of aluminum and feels really solid while keeping the weight down.

Dz9MCl.jpg

The inletting was excellent; everything just came together. The action screws were slightly long so they had to be filed down but there's nothing difficult about that. You can see from the image above the finish on the magazine catch flakes easily but that's pretty trivial.

ybpwNl.jpg

Here's a shot assembled and ready to play. If you want to see more photos check this album out.
The most time-consuming part of assembly was getting the magazine feed lips to smoothly feed rounds without a lot of pressure. The trick for me was getting the front and back of the lips loose while the center was securely holding the top round. If there's too much lip contact on the front you have to really press the bolt. Likewise, if there's not enough contact in the middle the rounds fly out with a tap to the magazine bottom.

On a side note I've got an extra LA Remington 700 ADL stock & blind well spring. Yours with shipping.

Last edited:
It looks amazing man. I've been dreaming of the bottom metal adapter for my 223 for a while now. I just wish the us border hadn't criminalized any transaction of anything that remotely has anything to do with guns internationally. I live in winnipeg and I'm worried that if i send my stock to jeff that not only will i not get it back but he and I could both get into some doodoo. Its nuts. I love his product and i spoke with him on the phone and he's a heck of a nice guy. i wonder if i got the adapter if i could inlet it myself. what do u think?

gotta love aics mags.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.