Just how fast is it - the Long Range Hunting industry growth??

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Andy and I are off to the annual SHOT Show this afternoon for a few days. That is the gigantic shooting sports show. And as I'm preparing for it I ran these last minute statistics on our LRH website growth.

Over the last 30 days compared to same time last year (Google Analytics):

Googlestats-1-14-13.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, last year we had 600,000 individual visits to the LRH site in the month.

This year we had over 900,000 individual visits to the LRH site.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last year we had over 300,000 different people visit the LRH site in the month.

This year we had over 500,000 different people visit the LRH site.
Last year we had 40,000 registered forum members.

This year we have over 60,000 forum members.
As a consumer it's easy to see the growth. More and more products with the words "long range" associated with their name.

I feel that the long range shooters have definitely raised the bar and lots of manufactures
are trying to improve there products to satisfy the LR Shooters needs.

So if anything we have have improved the shooting sports for everyone.

And thanks to sites like yours, people have been made aware of the potential improvements
in Barrels, bullets, powders,stocks, scopes,reloading componants,chamber reamer quality and
choice,and all the other associated gear that is required to be proficient in the sport.

I see no negatives in Long Range Hunting. I consider myself an "Old Timer" and I for one have
learned many new things and have improved my performance and knowledge in the shooting sports.

As you said the new buzz word is "Long Range" like Magnum used to be.

Thanks again for offering you site to all of us.

J E CUSTOM

As you said the new buzz word is "Long Range" like Magnum used to be....

J E CUSTOM

That is most definitely true. I think it is exactly the same thing. Awe inspiring, outside the box sport. LRH has an appeal that really isn't covered anywhere else. The hunting crowd sees LRH as a way to enhance their sucess rate & the long range target crowd sees it as a way to expand their sport.

With the market expanding to capture the interest (& money) of the long range shooting crowd, I believe we will continue to see our sport grow. I'm good with that, the more education we can provide to the masses, the better off we are.

t

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.