Just got back from SH Cup 2015

I was a Range officer at the 2015 Sniper Hide cup and during Demmo day I brought the new Gunwerks SpecTR rifle / Nightforce scope and Mil/MOA Range finder

many participants shot this rifle on demo day at 1013 yards, most with 1st round hits about 96% in 15- 20+MPH Winds

it is Chambered in 28 Nosler pushing a 180 grain bullet, it only took 5.2 mils to make the shot

I also Demonstrated the new BR2 MIL/MOA Rangefinder by putting in the DOPE right there and letting the some of the participants range and dial 1st round hits at 1013.....

P1070384%202_zps68hoquxg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice looking rifle. Can you give us the rest of the specs on the rifle? Hiw do you like the 28 nosler?

Curious what the comments were like toward that new MIL-version BR2 (?)

...supposed to have a smaller beam divergence and give further readings than the original, plus now have MIL outputs. That much I know. But did you guys possibly test directly vs. Kestrel dope (for example) and note any differences?

I've got the original, is why I ask. I'll be going-on three years using it and really do like it. Really leaning hard toward switching to the MIL-version though, now that it's finally coming on-stream.

Very interested what some of Franks shooters thought of that new version BR2, do post if you could

Curious what the comments were like toward that new MIL-version BR2 (?)

...supposed to have a smaller beam divergence and give further readings than the original, plus now have MIL outputs. That much I know. But did you guys possibly test directly vs. Kestrel dope (for example) and note any differences?

I've got the original, is why I ask. I'll be going-on three years using it and really do like it. Really leaning hard toward switching to the MIL-version though, now that it's finally coming on-stream.

Very interested what some of Franks shooters thought of that new version BR2, do post if you could

Sorry been busy teaching LR classes
Loved the Mil/MOA BR2, it was spot-on range seemed faster then the older on by just a little, Ballistic out put was exact at 1013

I personally did not test it against a Kestrel sorry

Fmsniper,

Can you share your load and velocity information for your 28 Nosler with the 180 Berger please?

.7 off the lands
Retumbo
3207 fps
To not post a hot round in someone else chamber on this forum I will say I started at 79 grains that is the best I can do

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.