Just for fun

TDUFF

I have spent the night watching westerns, looking up calibers for coyotes, loads for my 223, after moving I am finally going to set up the reloading bench tomorrow, and not sleeping nearly enough. With all this fun it got me woundering what everyone will be running this year. So let's hear it rifle, caliber, load ect. Pictures encouraged ofcourse.

This year I am trying to be more fur friendly with the ar in 223. I'll start working on a load for it this week I hope. If that doesnt work out the not so fur friendly savage 110 243 will come out.
At some point the extream long range Cheyenne recurve will come out for some close range calling. That load is 150g werewolf broadhead in front of a 400 spine gold tip carbon traditional hunter.

The summer I loaded up some 45 gr Barnes triple shocks for my 223 that I hope I can try out.....max charge of CFE223, rem. I had a 18" Rem 788 in 243, that I shot 85 gr. Barnes out of, and it was a very good all purpose round.....it seemed like coyotes didn't provide enough resistance to open the bullet too much, but would drop a deer. Nickel size exits was biggest I saw, most were smaller. Anyway, where I call, I have a very good chance of calling in anything from bobcat to cougar, at close ranges. It's hard to find a good all purpose round that won't blow up a bobcat pelt, but is good for a large cat......I'm hoping the 45 gr. will be up to the task, it may be on the light side and I might have to jump up in weight, but I had them, so I'll try em. I have mainly use a light weight 16" ar for all around calling. If just close coyotes and bobcats, I'll grab a 22 hornet.......I too am looking forward to getting out calling again, but I won't make it out much until January......

I have spent the night watching westerns, looking up calibers for coyotes, loads for my 223, after moving I am finally going to set up the reloading bench tomorrow, and not sleeping nearly enough. With all this fun it got me woundering what everyone will be running this year. So let's hear it rifle, caliber, load ect. Pictures encouraged ofcourse.

This year I am trying to be more fur friendly with the ar in 223. I'll start working on a load for it this week I hope. If that doesnt work out the not so fur friendly savage 110 243 will come out.
At some point the extream long range Cheyenne recurve will come out for some close range calling. That load is 150g werewolf broadhead in front of a 400 spine gold tip carbon traditional hunter.
For coyotes this season I will be using a Tikka T 3 in .223. Saving hides, so using a Hornady 55gr. V-max. Wolves are becoming numerous in my area, wondering if the V-max has enough stopping power. Other rifle is a Hells Canyon Speed in 6.5 Creed moor using 139gr. Lapua Scenars.

I just worked up a load for my 14.5 inch noveske with 40 grain nosler ballistic tips in an attempt to be fur friendly on foxes. They are running 3200 fps and shoot more accurate than I can hold with a 1-8 power optic. If that doesn't work, I will just try the 223ai with 65 grain gamekings. I am trying to avoid buying a 17 cal centerfire since I do not get out as much as I would like to.

For coyotes this season I will be using a Tikka T 3 in .223. Saving hides, so using a Hornady 55gr. V-max. Wolves are becoming numerous in my area, wondering if the V-max has enough stopping power. Other rifle is a Hells Canyon Speed in 6.5 Creed moor using 139gr. Lapua Scenars.
I hope you kill every wolf you see. We really don't need those killers!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.