Just Fired the SMOKER up MMM MMM

bigbuck

I decided to smoke some deer ( cube steak). Nothing fancey because I dont have alot of experience at smoking "yet" :)
I had the privilage to eat some that had been prepaired with a fella that I work with so I have borrowed his ideah.

I simply soaked some deer cube steak in dales seasoning stoked up the smoker with some Hickory chips/shavings .
I took one peace of bacon and layed it down first then I set a cube steak on top of the bacon layed some pepper jack cheese in the center and rolled up the steak until the bacon completely wrapped it around . Then I took a few tooth picks to hold it all together . I decided to also try and lay a few potatoes on the grill as well.

Let me know how you do it . I am always willing to try new things.
Maybe I will post a pic in a bit of what they looked like before I put em on the smoker.

Thanks for looking........

I love smoked stuff!! I'm going to be busy tomorrow smoking some jalapeno and cheese summer sausage. Last year was my first try at it and it turned out awesome. I wish I had gotten out and shot some ducks this year because smoked duck is my favorite! Good luck!

I love smoked stuff!! I'm going to be busy tomorrow smoking some jalapeno and cheese summer sausage. Last year was my first try at it and it turned out awesome. I wish I had gotten out and shot some ducks this year because smoked duck is my favorite! Good luck!

My work partner uses jalapeno rolled up in his cube steak . I smoked a full size turkey while off for christmas break and it was wonderful . I hope this turnes out good , only bad thing is the long waite:) Good luck tomorrow with your smoking ...

Man that sounds good!! I'm down under 200 pounds of sausage to do, tomorrow I'm going with Salami, Chipotle cheese Summer and a breadfast sausage. Still have a bunch of Andouille links, regular snack sticks, Chipotle cheese snack sticks and cheddar snack sticks to do. The Chipotle cheese is something I'm trying new this year, I think it should awesome!!!

We try to make most of our samich meat for the year out of wild game, much better than the pressed yard bird from the store :D

On our elk we don't cut the brisket or hide over the briskets so we can get the brisket meat in two nice slabs, put a dry rub on it and slow smoke it over a day and BAM unreal smoked elk briskets. Also take the tenderloins and juice them up with a bacon brine then smoke and honey glaze them, you can't stop eating till there gone, works great for taking loins on deer also and using them on homemade pizza!! Deer roasts pumped up with bacon brine then smoked are killer also!

Man that sounds good!! I'm down under 200 pounds of sausage to do, tomorrow I'm going with Salami, Chipotle cheese Summer and a breadfast sausage. Still have a bunch of Andouille links, regular snack sticks, Chipotle cheese snack sticks and cheddar snack sticks to do. The Chipotle cheese is something I'm trying new this year, I think it should awesome!!!

We try to make most of our samich meat for the year out of wild game, much better than the pressed yard bird from the store :D

On our elk we don't cut the brisket or hide over the briskets so we can get the brisket meat in two nice slabs, put a dry rub on it and slow smoke it over a day and BAM unreal smoked elk briskets. Also take the tenderloins and juice them up with a bacon brine then smoke and honey glaze them, you can't stop eating till there gone, works great for taking loins on deer also and using them on homemade pizza!! Deer roast pumped up with bacon brine then smoked are killer also!

Where can I purchase bacon brine ? In my opinion Elk tastes awesome without any special preperations . I can only imagine what it tastes like when you fix it like you have mentioned.

I just now finished eating the smoked deer. I cut a peice off for my youngest and gave it to her (shes 19 months old and all she would say after eating the sample while the other cooled off was me me me while reaching for more . I may be a novice but not in her eyes:cool:

Thanks for all of the ideahs bigngreen sounds like you have done it a while.

I would love to here more about this? I don't have a smoker, but I have another guy a sausage maker I take my grind to, I like jalapeno cheader hot dogs.

Dude you will go crazy over smoked deer meat ! I use my father inlaws electric smoker that he bought at walmart several years ago. sportsmans warehouse has a nice looking one for about $129.00 it is gas and I think gas would work better because you can keep it nice and hot . I use hickory chips you can buy the hickory shavings or cut it yourself . I soaked the shavings in a 5 gallon bucket of water so they would last longer and smoke better . I am not really too crazy about white tail deer meat but I had no problem gulping down this smoked deer ..

I bet some of the members on this site will have some good advice on this issue. I m getting hungry all over again just thinking about it.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.