Just finished assembling my .375 Raptor AR10.

smack

I left the scope where it was at with my first 100 yard group and sent 3 rounds to the 200 yard line just to confirm my drop. Under half inch!!! I then zeroed the scope for 200 yards, which puts me 2 1/2" high at 100.
IMG_6656.JPG

First 100 yard group.
IMG_6657.JPG

250gr Lehigh Controlled Fracturing.
IMG_6649.JPG

.308 case left, .375 Raptor cartridge right.
IMG_6587.JPG
IMG_6586.JPG

This particular rifle was a completely spontaneous deal.

I was talking to CH4D Tool and die on the phone and they were digging through a bunch of wildcat dies looking for a set of 6.5 Gibbs dies for me. While he was looking through the dies he was reading them out loud, he happen to say ".375 Raptor". I asked what that was. He said it was a .308 shortened and necked up to .375.

A week or so later I was in the reloading room and recalled the conversation. So I did a search for the .375 Raptor took a look at their web site and saw it was designed for the AR10! Seeing I am big into AR's especially wildcat AR's ( 6x45, 25x45, .243 LBC, 6x6.8 SPC, 6.5 PCC, 22x6.8 SPC Etc). The chambering caught my attention. Here in the Pacific Northwest, almost all my Elk and Bear shot in the timber have been shot at 70 yards or less. I have been hunting with a 6.5 Grendel but after some research on the .375 Raptor. I figured this would be about a Hammer of a gas gun in most of my timber hunting situations and a solid 300 yard chambering in the open.

I contacted X-Caliber barrels and they had a 18", stainless , 1-10 twist Raptor barrel on hand. I ordered it, called CH4D ordered the die set. Then got on line and ordered a bunch of the Lehigh 250gr Controlled Fracturing bullets and the rifle came together over a 3 to 4 week period as parts arrived and I found time to assemble it.

I was more than impressed with the first range results a guy couldn't ask for more than a 1/2 moa big bore AR10!

I have assembled many AR's and I really like this chambering and how well it shot right away.

I'm really looking forward to destroying some Rockchucks as soon as the weather breaks and starts to warm up!!!

.375 Raptor
Aero Precision M5E1 Enhanced upper, lower set
Aero Gen II 15" Keymod handguard

18" X-Caliber stainless barrel
10 twist
Mid length gas
SPR contour
11/16-24 muzzle threads
Anderson adjustable gas block
Wilson Combat TR-QCOMP

Ambi selector/safety
Odin extended Mag release
Phase 5 extended bolt catch/release
CMC flat two stage 2/2 trigger
Ant rotation pins
Magpul grip
MILBUS carbine stock

Kinetic Development Group Sidelok 30mm mount
Leupold 4.5-14x50 Long Range Precision (LRP) Impact 32 MOA reticle.

very nice rifle. It sounds like you've built your fair share of these wildcat AR's, so if you don't mind a sidetrack, I'd like to ask you some questions about 2 of the other cartridges you mentioned.

Right now I'm looking for a barrel to build a 6x45, but every place I've looked is out of stock, and I've seen comments that the cartridge is dying. Is that an accurate assessment? If not, do you have any suggestions for a good (available) barrel?

Next, since I came up empty on the 6x45, I briefly considered the 6.5 grendel, but everything I've seen out there is the II chamber with the longer .120 throat - and the comments I've read on line suggest that accuracy has suffered as a result of the redesign, unless the bullet is loaded out farther (matching the correct bolt to chamber is not a problem, I'm only concerned with the accuracy potential). Of course, many comments are hearsay and bluster, so I'd prefer to ask someone who has actual knowledge of the cartridge. Ultimately, I'd much rather have a rifle that shoots well while utilizing the magazine, rather than ending up with a single shot semi that needs a long COAL to shoot well. Going only by comments off the internet, it sounds similar to the 6.8 spec 2 redesign which may have been fine for safely and reliability, but I never saw a spec 2 which shot as accurately as the originals.

Last edited:
Top: 22" 6x45
Bottom: 16", rifle gas, .264 LBC.
IMG_4081.JPG
I really like the 6x45. Their accurate and accurate wit Mil-Spec brass. Simple to load for and here in WA State, they are legal to hunt big game with. Black Hole makes a exellent 6x45 barrel but just lately they really hiked the price on their 6mm barrels. AR Performance makes a good 6.5 Grendel barrel, as does Odin Works and X-Caliber.

I own both and if I had to choose between the two I would go with a 6.5 Grendel. The Hornady factory ammo with the 123gr A-Max or SST has been very accurate through all of the Grendel/.264 LBC's I have shot.

I prefer the throat design of the .264 LBC and shoot Hornady factory 6.5 Grendel ammo.

great info, thanks.
do you feel that the BH barrel in 6x45 is legitimately a $350 barrel? Or are they an entry level, "AR Stoner" type barrel with a higher price tag?

For the 6.5, I was looking at the Satern and Faxon bbls at Brownells but I will check those other options you mentioned. Does the .264 LBC fire factory 6.5 grendel then? I was under the impression that it was a different chambering.

That is an awesome rifle and concept!! Thanks a lot for sharing.

Hi,

Off topic, Smack were you in the Legion or you just like the emblem as your profile picture?

Sincerely,
THEIS

Top: 22" 6x45
Bottom: 16", rifle gas, .264 LBC.
View attachment 87542 I really like the 6x45. Their accurate and accurate wit Mil-Spec brass. Simple to load for and here in WA State, they are legal to hunt big game with. Black Hole makes a exellent 6x45 barrel but just lately they really hiked the price on their 6mm barrels. AR Performance makes a good 6.5 Grendel barrel, as does Odin Works and X-Caliber.

I own both and if I had to choose between the two I would go with a 6.5 Grendel. The Hornady factory ammo with the 123gr A-Max or SST has been very accurate through all of the Grendel/.264 LBC's I have shot.

I prefer the throat design of the .264 LBC and shoot Hornady factory 6.5 Grendel ammo.
Just getting into AR platform that top one rifle is very nice.

Awesome looking rifle.
Wish I could be able to have one in this country :(
Would make feral hog hunting so much easier & productive!

I left the scope where it was at with my first 100 yard group and sent 3 rounds to the 200 yard line just to confirm my drop. Under half inch!!! I then zeroed the scope for 200 yards, which puts me 2 1/2" high at 100.
View attachment 87212
First 100 yard group.
View attachment 87211
250gr Lehigh Controlled Fracturing.
View attachment 87210
.308 case left, .375 Raptor cartridge right.
View attachment 87209 View attachment 87208

This particular rifle was a completely spontaneous deal.

I was talking to CH4D Tool and die on the phone and they were digging through a bunch of wildcat dies looking for a set of 6.5 Gibbs dies for me. While he was looking through the dies he was reading them out loud, he happen to say ".375 Raptor". I asked what that was. He said it was a .308 shortened and necked up to .375.

A week or so later I was in the reloading room and recalled the conversation. So I did a search for the .375 Raptor took a look at their web site and saw it was designed for the AR10! Seeing I am big into AR's especially wildcat AR's ( 6x45, 25x45, .243 LBC, 6x6.8 SPC, 6.5 PCC, 22x6.8 SPC Etc). The chambering caught my attention. Here in the Pacific Northwest, almost all my Elk and Bear shot in the timber have been shot at 70 yards or less. I have been hunting with a 6.5 Grendel but after some research on the .375 Raptor. I figured this would be about a Hammer of a gas gun in most of my timber hunting situations and a solid 300 yard chambering in the open.

I contacted X-Caliber barrels and they had a 18", stainless , 1-10 twist Raptor barrel on hand. I ordered it, called CH4D ordered the die set. Then got on line and ordered a bunch of the Lehigh 250gr Controlled Fracturing bullets and the rifle came together over a 3 to 4 week period as parts arrived and I found time to assemble it.

I was more than impressed with the first range results a guy couldn't ask for more than a 1/2 moa big bore AR10!

I have assembled many AR's and I really like this chambering and how well it shot right away.

I'm really looking forward to destroying some Rockchucks as soon as the weather breaks and starts to warm up!!!

.375 Raptor
Aero Precision M5E1 Enhanced upper, lower set
Aero Gen II 15" Keymod handguard

18" X-Caliber stainless barrel
10 twist
Mid length gas
SPR contour
11/16-24 muzzle threads
Anderson adjustable gas block
Wilson Combat TR-QCOMP

Ambi selector/safety
Odin extended Mag release
Phase 5 extended bolt catch/release
CMC flat two stage 2/2 trigger
Ant rotation pins
Magpul grip
MILBUS carbine stock

Kinetic Development Group Sidelok 30mm mount
Leupold 4.5-14x50 Long Range Precision (LRP) Impact 32 MOA reticle.
Very interested in the 375 Raptor for a subsonic round. Please keep us posted when you get a chance to shoot