Just finished a Lothar Walther barrel

The OP has probably re-barreled by now or is due very soon since original posting. :D

I doubt he has but it is an old post with good information especially since there is a new post
(Lothar Walther Verses Krieger) that this barrel is being discussed.

Maybe this will help the OP of the new post with his decision. So far it has been a good informative thread with lots of opinions and technical information.

J E CUSTOM

I think threads like these are great , their are so many differant ways to skin a cat and everybody does it differantly and disscussions like this help to shed lite on subjects that some folks may have questions about. I have found that alot of folks that visit disscussion forrums like these are scared to ask questions because of the all the "keyboard cowboys" out their that like to bash your question or bitch about the question if its been asked alot in the past , not everybody is realy computer literate and can use the search function well so they end up looking though months of topics for an answer that sombody else maybe looking to ask also. I'm a firm believer that their are no "dumb" questions only uneducated questions.
What if we started a thread on how to blueprint an action or install a barrel , their would be alot of differant folks putting their methods out their and alot of olks would probably be asking why that would work.

I'm not a gunsmith by any streach of the word , I'm a machinest/millwright full time and a police officer part time , I like to think I pretty **** good at both , I have folks ask me how do do differant things for each trade both that have years somtimes decades experiance for the sake of that they may not know how or just wonder why i do it the way I do. I'm always open for sombody to teach me somthing new weather it be a harder/longer way thatn I have or not , knowledge is a key that will help you unlock things on a day to day basis. Alot of the gunbuilders here build more guns in a month than I have ever built , I like to think I have apretty good grip on the right way to build a great weapon but some may think my ideas are crazy , and they maybe ,but ,they work and I'm open to learn somthing new. I look at machine work , martial arts , bodybuilding(my other hobby) CQB and about anything else I get into the same way and I think that everybody should.

Tom , I got my shoulder scoped Tuesday AM , its going good no pain killers needed post opperation , my range of motion is about 90% its still a little uncomfortable reaching over my head quickly. I'll probably be out of any weight lifting for a couple weeks. Working on getting parts for a couple new builds to replace the one I had to sell earlier this year.

you are lucky! I took a hard fall about eight weeks ago, and landed square on my rotator cuff. Didn't hurt much that, but the next day was a bitch. Went to the doctor, and he had X-rays done. Nothing broke, but there is nerve damage. My fingers go numb when I close my hand. I can't pull a 2lb. trigger! Doc said I'd been better If I broke something; as they'd just gone in there and fixed it. Now looking at six to thirty months. On the good side, it getting a little better.
gary

I doubt he has but it is an old post with good information especially since there is a new post
(Lothar Walther Verses Krieger) that this barrel is being discussed.

Maybe this will help the OP of the new post with his decision. So far it has been a good informative thread with lots of opinions and technical information.

J E CUSTOM

I agree it has good information but too revived, it's too late for the OP as addressed ... that's all. :)

Nonetheless, very helpful for future endeavors. :cool:

Cheers!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.