Just bought Retumbo off the shelf!

Lol! Give ya a hint, it's the place you and I first met... while picking up a muzzle loader, I was "that guy" and jokingly asked if they had any squirreled away in the back, he said as a matter of fact I think I saw 2lbs stashed away when I was cleaning.....I almost fell over when he came out with it! Then at checkout, I popped off again and ended up with a free hat! Now I'll probably have to go buy a lotto ticket and donate to the Sidney Powell legal fund...

Yeah, ya gotta grab a bit at a time when times are good, I guess. I moved most of my rifles to h1000 and Retumbo a few years ago because I ALWAYS saw it on the shelf and it works. Now it feels like striking gold.

That is good news. Retumbo is the only one I havent seen in over a year. Last week at a Sportsmans Warehouse I saw H4350 in 8lbs and in 1 pounders were plenty of H1000, Varget RL 26 and H4350. I almost fell over....

I've found 4350 and several others that work for snaller cartridges. My friend's gun shop even has a few boxes of .284" bullets still there. But as far as powders I need for the .300 RUM, I've struck out 😔

Anyone need any of these ?

20201120_130411_copy_1269x763.jpg

Last edited:
Well hornady can't even get primers I read....so ya better take up golf. It Might be a minute before stuff flows again... Covid plus an election is going to keep us frustrated. Even when it hits the shelf after people been out it takes a while to stay on the shelf.

And don't say "in my reloading room"!
Then I won't. But there's 26K sitting behind a clear glass door a few steps away from me.
Ironically, I used to *never* see H1000, but Retumbo showed up enough that I have a pretty good stash. Now I never see Retumbo, but find RL33 and H1000.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.