Just about out of H870

might look at AA 3100 and Magpro. They also sell a very slow 8700 that seems to work well in the .300 case. I'm waiting on a couple bottles of Magpro to try some loads in my 270 mag. RL22 and 7828 would also seem like good choices to me. You'll have to email AA for data on the Magpro powder. I think I'd start with 3100 and 7828 as these two are known to work very well. Still 8700 gives very dense loads
gary

Retumbo would be the power I would try first. It really shines in the 264 Win mag over anything I have tried.

Thanks for the links, any thoughts on retumbo???

As someone mentioned, T870 from T-Bird is the same as H-870. I have used it in my 300 RUM with the same results. Also, I would definetely try retumbo. I have had very good results with it. Good velocity and low ES. It is also very temp stable......Rich

Thanks for the help guys, I can get the retumbo locally so i will give that a go first. Thanks. ed

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.