Jp sauer 6.5 prc

I've had one in both 6.5 creed and Prc. I loved both of them. Shot as good as any tikka iv ever owned. I'm a sticker for a three position safety and that was a plus for me. Weight wise they weren't the lightest but not bad. Good trigger. Only reason I still don't have them now I sold one to a very good friend that his rifle went south just before a hunt out west. That was the 6.5 Prc. Shot 3/4 to 1moa out to 600 yrds when he did his part. The other I gave to my daughter and son in-law For the money there Great Rifles in my opinion

Jimmy

I've had one in both 6.5 creed and Prc. I loved both of them. Shot as good as any tikka iv ever owned. I'm a sticker for a three position safety and that was a plus for me. Weight wise they weren't the lightest but not bad. Good trigger. Only reason I still don't have them now I sold one to a very good friend that his rifle went south just before a hunt out west. That was the 6.5 Prc. Shot 3/4 to 1moa out to 600 yrds when he did his part. The other I gave to my daughter and son in-law For the money there Great Rifles in my opinion

Jimmy
Same, sold the 100 in CM to neighbor that shot it and couldn't live without it. He's letting me hunt on his property for free, so not much thought went into it about selling it sense his land borders Mt.Long Leaf pine wildlife Refuge.

Same, sold the 100 in CM to neighbor that shot it and couldn't live without it. He's letting me hunt on his property for free, so not much thought went into it about selling it sense his land borders Mt.Long Leaf pine wildlife Refuge.
I think a lot of people looking for a Great Rifle in the 1k range and under are missing the boat on this rifle. Both of mine shot 3/4 moa consistently @100 with 143 factory eldx. Probably not the best forearm on the stock for long range bench rest shooting but it feels great in my hands for carrying and hunting. Shot as good as any Tikka iv had and I like a Tikka a lot.

Has the coolest action and stock lockup you'll ever see. You can remove the two action screws and trigger guard but you haven't taken the stock off the barrel. I'll leave it there for you to discover. You can adjust the trigger with the supplied Allen wrench down to around 2 pounds. One on the field shot is 1# 5 ozs. Breaking with no creep! Only negative I can come up with is you can't replace to barrel when it's shot out. Its heat pressed into the action. Maybe some Smith can do something, who knows.

Has the coolest action and stock lockup you'll ever see. You can remove the two action screws and trigger guard but you haven't taken the stock off the barrel. I'll leave it there for you to discover. You can adjust the trigger with the supplied Allen wrench down to around 2 pounds. One on the field shot is 1# 5 ozs. Breaking with no creep! Only negative I can come up with is you can't replace to barrel when it's shot out. Its heat pressed into the action. Maybe some Smith can do something, who knows.
The Sauer 100 barrel is screw in. Its not hot pressed.

I stand corrected, I'd looked into the model 404 and others and thought to 100 was also. Good catch. So I can't find anything negative about it! 😁
Sorry, wasn't trying to catch you out. It does seem unusual that their cheaper 100 model is screw in and their more expensive are pressed.

As NZ Tahr says the 100 barrel is threaded, the 101 is press fit and the 404 like its predecessor the 202 are switch barrel rifles.

Recent Posts