Joined the 1 mile club yesterday!

I am so glad some one added to this post. I have the 1-mile bug really bad. I almost bought a Ruger Precision rifle last week, but was not impressed after I looked at it closely. Several Aftermarket upgrades needed. I am now looking at the Browning X Bolt Max Long Range. Not seen one in person yet. The caliber I want is 300 PRC . I think Bullets in to 200 to 225 grn range will be a suitable starting point. Very Interested in the Nosler RDF bullets. All you guys in the one-mile club, please feel free to share your thoughts . Thanks Capt. Dru. Thats a club I really want to join.!!! Thank You,

I am so glad some one added to this post. I have the 1-mile bug really bad. I almost bought a Ruger Precision rifle last week, but was not impressed after I looked at it closely. Several Aftermarket upgrades needed. I am now looking at the Browning X Bolt Max Long Range. Not seen one in person yet. The caliber I want is 300 PRC . I think Bullets in to 200 to 225 grn range will be a suitable starting point. Very Interested in the Nosler RDF bullets. All you guys in the one-mile club, please feel free to share your thoughts . Thanks Capt. Dru. Thats a club I really want to join.!!! Thank You,
The other guy that hit the mile target that day was using a Ruger Precision in a 300WM. He was using Hornady Precision Hunter ammo. I want to say he hit the mile target twice.

My wife bought me a Long range course for my birthday in March and yesterday was the class with Adam at North East Texas Tactical in Terrell, TX. I really never shot passed 500yds before, so I was pretty excited. I was also nervous because I did not know how my rifle, reloads and myself would perform passed 500yds.
We had class in the morning going over the basic concepts for shooting at LR and how to use the Applied Ballistics App. Around lunch we broke out our rifles, to go over them and our setup.
We began shooting at 100 to make sure our rifles were zeroed. We then jumped to 300 and started making our way down range out to 1500yds in 100yd increments. I had 1st round hits to 900. All center mass. I missed the 1000yd target but made the adjustment for another center mass hit on the second round. 1100-1400 were first round hits. 1500 I missed left, made the adjustment and hit it on the second round.
Then it was on to the mile target. The app called for 67.5 moa of elevation and 4.5 moa of windage. I ran out of elevation on my turret. It only went to 50moa, so I made up the difference by using my reticle. It was a little difficult for me, since I had to aim in the blank quadrant of the reticle. It took my 3 tries before I connected on the 4th. Needless to say I was pretty stoked! Felt good knowing that my equipment, reloads and myself were capable of accomplishing this. Sorry for the long post, but I am still excited about it.

Rifle and load info:
Rem 700 with 27" Bartlein in 6.5 PRC
NF SHV 5-20x56 with MOAR reticle
Harris bipod with rear bag
156 Bergers
ADG brass
Fed 210M
56.3gr H1000
2980fps
SD 6 ES 16
View attachment 454927
Congrats on your highly accurate hand loads. I thought the little 6.5 PRC wasn't supposed to be accurate at extreme distances, given the relatively light bullets it shoots. This encourages me to keep working my distances out there.

Have a Barbara. HMR-PRO in the 300 WM. Like the "everything about the rifle. Might take a look if nothing else but for $hits&grins😂😂

Outstanding. Did it last year with the 6.5x47 at Black Bear shooting complex in Appomattox. Never would have without the spotter. Used the Vortex Golden Eagle with a Heritage Arms MRAB since my eyesight so bad. Retired that barrel and waiting on a .243 AI barrel and coverting to a hunting/varmint gun.

I have tried the 175gr RDF bullets in my savage 300mag and my 300prc. They work so so and have random flyers. Had better luck with juggernauts. I'm ended up using 208gr eld match in my 300win mag and berger vld in the PRC. Both got to a mile.