Join Len - LRH Group Hunt For Coues Deer Hunt in Mexico - 2016

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
FILLED FOR JANUARY 2016 BUT PLAN TO GO AGAIN IN 2017.

I enjoyed my first ever rifle Coues deer hunt in Mexico about 13 years ago. It is time to go back! And I love that the dates are in late January. I get stir crazy waiting so long after the end of the fall hunting seasons. I really, really need a hunt at this time of the year. :)

Hunting for Coues deer is one of the most classic long range, spot and stalk type of hunts available. Expect to spend hours at a time using your optics to find the buck of your choice. And then plan your stalk. Some of the best stories I read in print magazines many years ago were about Coues deer hunting.

Here is the story of my 2002 Coues hunt in Mexico. They Called me El Diablo!

This time I'll be going with Ward's Outfitters. Steven Ward has been having incredible success in Arizona and in Mexico on Coues deer with many record book trophies. In fact one of his clients holds the SCI World Record of 135 - 7/8 inches.

PICTURE BELOW

coues-sci.jpg

Coues Deer Hunt Using Rifle
  • Hunt cost is $4,500
  • $2,250 deposit
  • Mexico Firearm fee is $200
  • License fee included
  • Ward's Outfitters
  • Long range friendly outfitter
  • One on one guiding
  • Total of 4 hunters including Len
  • Coues deer buck
  • Outfitter has 99% opportunity rate
  • Meals and lodging, ranch house accommodations
  • Hunt takes place from truck and on foot
  • January 23, 2016 to January 27, 2016 are actual hunt dates. Arrive on 22nd, depart on 28th
  • Meet outfitter in Tucson, Arizona
  • Hunt location is on a ranch one and a half hour drive south of Tucson in Mexico riding in outfitter's vehicle
  • Temps are as low as mid 30's over night, warming to 50's or 60's.
  • You may bring your meat back to the US. I will certainly bring mine.
  • US Passport needed
  • You snooze, you lose!
To commit, tell me in this forum thread and send me an email. Download the Hunt Agreement, sign and send copy to outfitter along with the $2,250 deposit.

Attachments

• IMG_5062.JPG
    IMG_5062.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5362.jpg
    IMG_5362.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_7603103184181.jpg
    IMG_7603103184181.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG955396.jpg
    IMG955396.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Lin,
Sounds Great!
I have been looking for an excuse to Hunt Coues Deer.
I have down loaded the agreement and will get it sent off. thanks for the opprutinity.
Doug R

Len,
I'm an in!...for being a local AZ boy, I know these guys are tough to hunt so getting a chance to hunt Cous with a professional in Sonora Mexico will be a treat!
Zach
Will print app and get her in the mail....

kmilner65

Thanks for your interest but we only had one spot left and a couple hours before your post Smitty50 emailed and said he's in and will send paperwork today.

So it looks like we are filled...assuming all 3 hunters follow through with check and paperwork.

kmilner65

I sent you an email saying I think we have made room for you and your son. Did you receive my email a couple days ago?

We are now filled for January of 2016.

But we do plan to do this in January of 2017 also.

If you guys are interested we have some spots available in January 29-february 2nd.

Contact me at 520-404-5114

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.