Join Len - 2014 LRH Group Hunt - Black Bear, Wyoming Spot & Stalk *one spot left**F

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
I have wanted to become a spot and stalk black bear hunter for quite a while. But on my own I have so far not been able to make it happen.
The 2015 hunt offering is almost identical. If you are interested after reading about the 2014 offering, call me at 920-379-2020
In early June of 2014 I will be hunting with Non-Typical Outfitters in the western Wyoming mountains. There's room for 3 more LRH guys to join me. In case you don't know that outfitter, I am leading an LRH Group to hunt elk with them this fall of 2013 and a different LRH Group for trophy deer in 2015.

Robb Wiley of NTO happened to send me an email a couple weeks ago with pix of the bears his clients took in the 2013 spring season that had just closed. In all his 10 clients shot at 11 bears and killed 7. That email really got my juices flowing!

Three of the seven had skulls over 20 inches and hides over 7 feet. That's pretty serious success! The hunt is out of a mountain camp using horses. About 80% spot and stalk with a small amount of time checking some bait stations in the evenings. The date is June 7, 2013 so the boars are in rut. Therefor the hunt activity goes all day long, just like during the peak of deer hunting rut. One guide per hunter. Six days of hunting.

THE DATE WAS CHANGED TO JUNE 1

If you are interested email me: Len at LongRangeHunting.com

Black Bear Hunt
  • Hunt cost is $4,000
  • License cost is $362 and is available over the counter
  • Non-Typical Outfitters
  • Total of 4 hunters in camp including me
  • Black Bear
  • Very high success rate on big bears
  • Horseback
  • Tent camp
  • High country wilderness (7,000 to 8,000 feet)
  • One on one guiding
  • June 7, 2014. (Six days of hunting)
  • Deposit of $1,500
  • Wyoming over the counter tag
  • You snooze, you lose!
2013 Bears

Attachments

• DSC05245.jpeg
    DSC05245.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC05341.jpeg
    DSC05341.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC05379.jpeg
    DSC05379.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 47
  • P5250721.jpeg
    P5250721.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
re: Join Len - 2014 LRH Group Hunt - Black Bear, Wyoming Spot & Stalk **FILLED**

My friend Dave W. is joining us.

So now there's room for just 2 more hunters.

re: Join Len - 2014 LRH Group Hunt - Black Bear, Wyoming Spot & Stalk **FILLED**

Len:

I want in on the bear hunt, Sir.

Will send you an email now for deposit and booking instructions.

Best regards,

Dave

We are filled up.

Actually, we were filled up much sooner but I was traveling and am just getting around to updating this thread.

Should be a great hunt.

re: Join Len - 2014 LRH Group Hunt - Black Bear, Wyoming Spot & Stalk *one spot left**F

One guy dropped out so there is ONE SPOT AVAILABLE.

Re: Join Len - 2014 LRH Group Hunt - Black Bear, Wyoming Spot & Stalk *one spot left*

Is the price the same ?

Re: Join Len - 2014 LRH Group Hunt - Black Bear, Wyoming Spot & Stalk *one spot left*

Yes, it is.

Glad to hear it.

Training, training, training, training.

That's what I am trying to do right now.

Those mountains are going to be BIG again this year.

Len, I believe this date is not going to make it for me this year. This looks like my kind of hunt, top on my list, I'm going to early plan it for next year. Perfect for what I want, a big brownie is number 1 on my list. Do you take a long range rifle or something for shorter shots and added power?

I would plan on a shot distance of from 200 to 400 max on this hunt, maybe 500.

Mine was 535.

I'd say bring something from a 7 Rem Mag or a little more.

These bears are really big. gun)

I have 7 stw or 300 wsm, sounds like maybe the 300 with the heaviest bullet. So, it's not typical to run into the bears at close range. My guess is having a revolver is recomended too? Thanks Len... ur awesome with this site!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.