John LAZZERONI new member

I just may do that ,,,,,

I am also starting to have real good luck with the Sierra 338 cal 250gr SPBT ,,, this bullet has been around for a real long time, and doesn't get a lot of press, but so far for me they are VERY accurate at 300 yards, out of the Lazz 8.59 Titan @ around 3,090 fps ,,,,,

Sierra states it has a 565 BC, which is certainly not VLD territory, but they might just fly OK to 1000 or so, and should retain a bit of energy ,,,,,

I just may do that ,,,,,

I am also starting to have real good luck with the Sierra 338 cal 250gr SPBT ,,, this bullet has been around for a real long time, and doesn't get a lot of press, but so far for me they are VERY accurate at 300 yards, out of the Lazz 8.59 Titan @ around 3,090 fps ,,,,,

Sierra states it has a 565 BC, which is certainly not VLD territory, but they might just fly OK to 1000 or so, and should retain a bit of energy ,,,,,

I'd also check out the .30 cal Berger 230gr OTM's. They're tactical bullets, but might be good ones to try, as well.

Also, I've never seen any actual ballistic gel expansion tests between the Hunting VLD's and Target VLD's.

I would be highly interested in the results.

BTW ,,,, took a customers Lazz rifle to the 550Y range this morning, 8.59 (.338) Titan caliber, 5-25X56 S&B scope mounted on a 20 moa cant rail ,,,,,

was shooting 250gr Sierra SPBT Gamekings ,,,,, 3,085 fps at 72 degrees, with 27" barrel (nice easy load to shoot with reloader 19 powder))

first and only group at 550 yards was 2 1/4", 3-shots, ,,,, then headed over to the 1,000 yard range here in Tucson ,,,,,, (previous 300 yard group last week with this rifle was 1 1/2")) ,,,,

now to be fair ALL Lazz rifles in 8.59 Titan caliber do not always shoot quite this well ,,,, but it sure is nice when they do, and better yet, with very little load experimentation on my part ,,,,,

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.