John LAZZERONI new member

Hammerhand ,,,,,

that is really sad to hear ,,,,, the Lazzeroni 7mm Tomahawk short mag is actually one of the best 7mm hunting calibers of all time ,,,,,, (((7mm rem mag velocity + in a short action rifle))) ,,,,

a real sleeper that very few 7mm fans know much about ,,,,,,

Man I know.....so sad. However I spent all my cash on having that barrel built, dies, brass, etc. I was sick, but had no choice other than to get rid of it. I really took a hit on the barrel, but the brass and dies did extremely well on ebay, and I think I broke even there...

gunner69 ,,,,

I think reloader 17 would be a bit too fast for the heavier bullets in the Lazz Patriot caliber ,,,,

one of the best performing loads I have personally used in the Patriot was a 180gr Nosler Partition, reloader 22 powder and federal 210M primer ,,,,, very fast and consistent ,,,

outlaw6.0 ,,,,,,,

I have done so much primer testing on both the Lazz long and short mags, that I don't even experiment anymore, "I" just use federal 215M in all Lazz LONG mags and federal 210M for all Lazz short mags ,,,,, seems to work out well every time ,,,,

check out the new Lazzeroni FACEBOOK page at http://www.facebook.com/LazzeroniArmsInc ,,,,,,

My Lazzeroni Patriot shoots lights out with Berger 175 VLDs jammed .015, 71.5g R22, f210 primers. Problem the bullet is slightly to long for my mag box. The Berger 185 Classic Hunters seated off .05 off fits. You think I'm ok starting with 71g of R22?

John, I have had a few questions for a while, as I have always been intrigued by the 7.82 Warbird. However a couple have already been answred by you, reading back through the thread. Main one was barrel longevity. 1,200 rounds is pretty good.

I appologise if this is already a caliber, but have you designed any non-belted cases in the .257 calibers to compete with the .257 Wby Mag?

Once again, sorry if this has already been done by you. It was just an idea that popped in my head one day, and just figured I'd ask.

and just for fun, I took the Lazz Scramjet brass, necked it down to Lazzeroni wildcat 6.17 (.243) FLASH ,,,, loaded a 55gr B/tip and got it just OVER 4,500 fps at 66,000 PSI ,,,,,,

now THAT was a barrel burner, but the dogs sure flew till around 300 shots when it lost accuracy ,,,,LOL ,,,,,

Hey John glad to see u here. Just wanted to say thanks. About 8 years ago i purchased a sako in 7.82 warbird and couldnt get load info. I called your company and ended up talking with you for about a 1/2 hour. Your info was great. I ended up killing a 150 class wisconsin whitetail at what was a long shot for me at the time 570yds. And man that warbird knocks everything it touches dead. I have since sold it and i am going to try to build a firebird. Thanks again for your time.

Dan

DPO ,,,,,,

thank you for the good words ,,,,, and let me know if I can be of any assistance on your quest for a new rifle in the Lazzeroni 7.21 (.284) Firebird caliber ,,,,,,,

and just for fun, I took the Lazz Scramjet brass, necked it down to Lazzeroni wildcat 6.17 (.243) FLASH ,,,, loaded a 55gr B/tip and got it just OVER 4,500 fps at 66,000 PSI ,,,,,,

now THAT was a barrel burner, but the dogs sure flew till around 300 shots when it lost accuracy ,,,,LOL ,,,,,

WOW!!! that really is a burner! Sounds fun though!!

John, i started the ground work on the firebird build wondering about where i can get a reamer and a headspace gauge. I also was wondering with the higher velocities of the Lazzeroni cartridges if i should use a slower twist barrel. I intend on shooting 168s and 180s in this firebird any thaughts on what twist i should go with. Im leaning on a 27" barrel with a break.

Thanks
Dan

DPO ,,,,,,

JGS Precision tool should be able to supply you with the reamer and headspace gauges (((headspace gauges are the same for the Lazz 284 Firebird up thru 475 Bibamufu)))

as for barrel twist ,,,,, I just re-barreled my own Firebird with a SS 1 in 9 twist Schneider ,,,,,,, shoots REAL well at 300 yards with 139gr Lazz LazerHeads, but now I am going to try some of the longer VLDs to see what it does ,,,,,

accubonds come to mind as the Bergers seem to be too fragile for the speeds that the Lazz Warbird and Firebird run at ,,,,,, but as always, I have more to learn ,,,,

John, the Berger VLD Target models have a little bit thicker jacket on them able to withstand higher velocities...

I would bet you could shoot and hunt with the Target VLD's and get proper expansion with the velocities your calibers produce.

It might be worth a shot...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts