John LAZZERONI new member

I also think that the more recent batch of Lazzeroni Patriot brass made by Steve Hornady, is a little more consistant in the wall thickness and run-out area ,,,,

Good to know John, that sounds pretty intriguing, I was able to achieve single digit SD & ES numbers with the orginal batch & RL-19. If I can improve on that you just may have a lifetime supporter! :D

depending upon the weight of the bullet, and if it is lubricated, I have also had good luck with reloader 15, ((Fed 210M primer only)) ,,,,

I was using a 150 TSX (at that time) non-lubricated & 215M. Now i'm using 168 TTSX, RL-17 & 215M, I am going to put 5 together with the 210M just for my own information (I seem to suffer from tinkeritis:D).

not at all ,,,, tinkeritis is good ,,,,

I have done many primer tests with the Patriot, and the fed 210M will give you a better velocity/pressure ratio on average compared to the fed 215M ,,,,

good question, I have not shot the Patriot enough in one rifle, to wear a barrel out ,,,,

my own personal Lazzeroni rifles in the Warbird caliber, will go around 1200 rounds before the barrel needs changing, so I would imagine that a Patriot barrel should make 2000+ rounds, especially considering the way the Patriot burns powder ,,,

Len ,,,,,,

I have a barrel on one of my personal Lazzeroni rifles in the 7.82 Warbird caliber with just over 1,100 rounds thru it ,,,,

it is just as accurate as it was when it was new, when shooting at the 550 yard range here in Tucson, but if I look at the throat with my bore scope, it has been significantly eroded forward, enough to affect velocity by about 120 fps compared to a new barrel of the same type, length and caliber ,,,,

Tank ,,,,,

I drew up all of the Lazzeroni cases myself, back in the early 90's based upon all of my wildcat experiences ,,,, and they are all beltless ,,,

thus there is no parent cartridge ,,,,

It is about time! Welcome to the board. Been a huge Lazz fan for years and have met you a couple of times at various shows. I just have never been able to afford a Lazz. Back when i bought my 7STW in the Sako M995 you were offering your Warbird in the same gun. Money kept me from going that route at the time and I have kicked myself ever since! Cant wait to hear your inputs to the forum. This forum is what Lazz is all about and I think you will find a happy home here.

Quick question. I see your a fan of running the 210M primers in your shorty's. I was wondering, would you also do the the same if you were to load say for a 7mmWSM? Between the 2 primers how much would I need to change the powder charge? I am currently running the 215's right now in my sons rifle. I would have never considered running the non-magnum primer in a magnum case till now.....

Sako7STW,

It's interesting you should ask that, John & I have been talking about that very subject, on a limited basis. I shoot the 7.82 Patriot & have always used 215M primers, John's knowledge base & experience has lead me to experiment with the 210M... If it will work in the Patriot, i'm sure it will in the 7WSM also...

Sako7STW ,,,,,

I have found that with all the Lazzeroni short mags like the Patriot, that the 210 primer gives a little more velocity at the same pressure, and much tighter shot-to-shot spreads on both pressure and velocity ,,,, as compared to the 215 primer ,,,, ((reloader 15 & 19 used for most of my testing))

"I" believe this is because, the higher percentage of powder that you have to the sides of the primer blast, instead of directly in front of it ((which is the case with short-fat cartridges, instead of long thin ones))) the more evenly the powder burns, and the more of it burns in the case, instead of going down the barrel, behind the bullet, contributing to projectile weight & recoil ,,,,

the 210 primer is not quite as hot and explosive as the 215, but seems to get the same job done in the Patriot without as much of a pressure spike, when it first fires ,,,,

kind of like switching to a slower powder ,,,, only without the negative aspects of a slower powder ,,,,
and it would make sense to me that this same idea would carry into other short mags besides the Lazzeronis, but I have no direct knowledge of that ,,,,

I've had the warbird on my wish list since the mid to late 90's I think. I know it has been a lot of years and I had to call for information since the internet wasn't in every home back then. I thought I had read that you based it on the 416 Rigby beltless magnum? I'm currently trying to convince the lady of the house that I should buy a Lazzeroni and Nightforce scope to top it off. She just doesn't understand the difference between that and my old model 70 30-06

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts