John BURNS NEW CUSTOM RIFLE

Ultramag45

I heard that John Burns started a new company.... Custom rifle and optics, I seen it posted once, cant remember the named of it... I think he was using Leupold optics...

Interesting version of a Leupold scope. I guess it's a 30 mm tube based on the Long Range description, but I never saw that specifically stated. I like the etched cross hair design better than any of the factory Leupold crosshairs I've seen so far. I'm not a big fan on the BDC turret that's intended to be calibrated to a specific load/caliber, but that feature may appeal to those who have watched the Best of the West videos.

Grey bull precision dot com

Must have been a divorce between him and Best...West.

John Burns was fired according to the person I spoke with at BOTW.

GreyBullPrecision.com is his company. They use Benchmark barrels and the favored caliber is the 7mm Remington Magnum with their 180 bullet which is a VLD. They currently use McMillan stocks but will soon be offering their own stocks on their custom rifles. The bullets will be available to the public according the company but I do not know when. Their bullets may be slightly different from the Berger, but I don't know how.

Burns spearheaded Berger's paradigm and advertising their bullets as hunting bullets with their use in the Beyond Belief video.

Happy to see.... I'm not alone to be very very fond of 7mm Remington Magnum with stout load under a VLD bullet !!!!

performance of this load is incredible on game and paper.

see you

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.