JLK bullets

cornstalker

I had never heard of these before today. The numbers appear to be impressive if they are legit.

Looking to solicit some opinions on them.

Anyone using them?

i ordered some of these but after waiting on them for 3 months and he said he was not sure when they would get around to making them i cancelled my order. So i cant say if they are good or not but you will need to be patient when you order. I have herd they are very similar to the Bergers.

I don't want to talk bad about anyone on here, but I'll pass on my experience with JLK.
Last year I ordered 375 180 gr 7mm bullets and about 50 168 gr. I was told they would be shipped in about 3 weeks. A month later I called to check the status of them, since I had not been billed yet. I was told, again, 3 weeks. About 5 weeks later I called to cancel my order but had to leave a couple of messages since no one answered the phone. Another month later, the bullets came in the mail. I was glad we weren't strapped for cash since we had no idea the $ was still going to come out. Overall I waited almost 4 months for the bullets, which actually worked out well because I worked up an outstanding load with the 162 A-max. I was able to sell the bullets on this site in about a week. IMO, if you have no issue waiting until they send you the bullets you are good to go.

Good luck

I bought about 2000 7mm 168gr bullets a while back and absolutely love them! I have made shots out to 1800 yds with them and the performance has been great.
They do seem to be similar to a Berger and I know the wait may be a factor but I would take my chance and order some.
Also the BC is correct, I know there's been speculation that it isn't but it works out perfect on my software

I have had nothing but good luck with JLK. Yes, you do have to wait for them but I have never had to wait longer then Swampy has told me from the day I ordered them (I have waited twice as long from some others). However, I do order them well in advance... I am currently shooting the 180gn 7mm bullets in a 7RUM and the 140gn bullets in a 6.5WSM. The 180's shoot amazing 1/2moa @ 1000yrds, and I'm in the middle of load development with the 140's but from what I can tell they will be the same. I would recommend these to anyone whom wants to shoot VLD bullets.

You might want to read this thread. Post #7 is the bottom line. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and swims like a duck, well,,, you get it. Many JLK's of same weight and cal are extremely similar in shape to the Bergers, therefore they have extremely similar BC's. To believe otherwise is to believe in voodoo. So either the JLK's have higher than actual BC's or the Bergers have understated BC's. Load up a 210 Berger and shoot it next to a 210 JLK at the same velocity and see what happens.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/jlk-vlds-41892/

Bryan Litz has tested many of the JLK BCs and if you want an accurate answer to the question, then reference his work because there is no more reliable results available out there. his work probably isn't perfect, but it's about as close as you're going to get. If you want to feel good then listen to anecdotal experiences.

I have never shot JLK's and neither like or dislike them, but tigers don't wear spots and leopards don't wear stripes.

Now the JLK LBT's are a different story... because they are a different shape.

Hope that helps :)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.