Jewll vs. Rifle Basix vs. Timney

I have a rifle basix and it's good enough for me. I also have a trigger tech and I really like it over the rifle basix.

Not even close, the Jewell is by Fara much better trigger but it also costs nearly twice as much !! It's like the new Camaro racers..the Z-28 is fast, the Z-L1 is faster, but the COPO is stunning... Nuff said !!!

I'm not so sure that the Jewel is better, but rather different. I use both Jewel and Timney triggers, preferring the Timey on my hunting rifles and the Jewel on my competition/target rifles. I believe the Timney is better designed for the rigors of hunting, while the jewel shines at delivering very light pull settings with s high level of consistency and crispness. The Jewel has to be kept clean as opposed to the Timney which of a more protected and durable design. My Timneys are generally set no lower then 2.5# and at this weight the quality of the break feels no different from the Jewel to me. IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts