Jewell trigger issue

I did not mess with any adjustments other than pull weight. I plan to send it in for inspection/repair/replacement.
Read your instructions on sear adjustment. It is externally adjustable with an allen wrench. I have had to adjust mine as it wears and to keep it running after an episode of piercing primers during a match. You should be able to find the instructions on line if you threw the origionals away.
I really is an easy project.

Read your instructions on sear adjustment. It is externally adjustable with an allen wrench. I have had to adjust mine as it wears and to keep it running after an episode of piercing primers during a match. You should be able to find the instructions on line if you threw the origionals away.
I really is an easy project.
This trigger has less than 500 rounds on it. If the sear is worn that quickly, I want it replaced. I have several other rifles with Jewells in them that have 2-3 times that many rounds with no failures.

I'll let Jewell determine what went wrong.

Not trying to be sarcastic. I Have always used Timney and TriggerTech. All hunting rifles. Have never had a problem. I take it you Jewell users are just shooting targets. Reading hear I guess it's a good idea not to hunt with them. Dirt, etc.. Thanks for the info👍

Not trying to be sarcastic. I Have always used Timney and TriggerTech. All hunting rifles. Have never had a problem. I take it you Jewell users are just shooting targets. Reading hear I guess it's a good idea not to hunt with them. Dirt, etc.. Thanks for the info👍
I've heard that for years. All of my rifles are used for hunting and probably not cleaned all season. This is the first Jewell I've had fail in the 12-15 years that I've used them.

T
e heard that for years. All of my rifles are used for hunting and probably not cleaned all season. This is the first Jewell I've had fail in the 12-15 years that I've used them.

That's good to hear. Always have heard praise for them. 👍

I have many Jewell triggers in my R700s. After the rifles are stored for a period, the lube can cause the trigger not to stay cocked on bolt closing. For this reason, I always clean the units before hunting or range trips.

It's not that bad, honestly. But they are known to be a little higher maintenance than others. Both of my LRH rigs wear Jewells, I have zero regrets. Both have multiple hunting seasons under their belts & neither has gone down.

t

After shooting about 10 rounds down range loading single shot, on round 11 I had a negligent discharge.

That would be a accidental discharge because it was mechanical and beyond your control.

Did you have the pull weight and sear engagement as light and as little as possible? Sometimes things change with a little wear. Try re-adjusting per the instructions that came with the trigger and see if that fixes it. Clean it first with lighter fluid.

If you haven't pierced any primers, I'm gong with this^^^...For me the Jewell triggers have been notorious for this.

That would be a accidental discharge because it was mechanical and beyond your control.

If you haven't pierced any primers, I'm gong with this^^^...For me the Jewell triggers have been notorious for this.
I don't believe there is a such thing as an accidental discharge. Some kind of negligence by somebody cause the unintended discharge.