Jewell Trigger Failure...went to Trigger

You literally just proved my point. Thank you for that

It does make me wonder if some folks would buy a Ford because their Chevy blew a head gasket under warranty. Anyway, we're all free to make our own choices for whatever reason/s.

Here you have several raving about the TTs and another experienced poster saying he wouldn't put one on a cap gun.

I have experience with factory triggers, Jard, Jewell, trigger tech, and the bane of my existence; Timney. I will never put a Timney on another rifle after that debacle with a custom Mauser 98 10 years back.
Jard has never failed
Trigger basix has yet to fail me
Jard parts in a rem 700 makes for a really good hunting trigger
Jewell has yet to fail me ever. from sub arctic to the hottest most humid day of pork hunting.
I work over Winchester factory triggers and have had great success with them
Rem 700's I like getting the Jard Conversions for, less parts, better feel, very crisp, and they just need to be hose out with brake cleaner to stay reliable, like the Jewell.
another that has yet to fail me is Shilen triggers.

Whatever happeend with this Jewell was in my estimation just a one off bad trigger..

i have TT and Jewel, neither have failed me but i much prefer the Jewels. Instructions say to clean annually or if hunting in dirty conditions i believe. A little Pm isnt so hard since i usually have to clean crud out of the stock anyway.

Last edited:
deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

I am a huge triggertech fan. All but one rifle has TTs, the other has a Timney. I love how the feel. There is a reason TT is run by more PRS guys than anything else - they are tough.
Jewell's are great benchrest triggers, but can be improved. the parts are bead blasted, if you polish this off you can/will see the numerous tool marks that need to be polished out (the housing wall and trigger parts polished to mirror finish really make it nice.). Also, Arnold Jewell told me to my face at a major benchrest tournament that they set the sear forward 10 thousands of and inch to minimize slam fires. This can create a problem in some rifles (The Bat DS came with 2 trigger hangers which allowed firing pin drop adjustment. (Jewel was the only 1.5oz trigger back then). By the way, all the trigger builders have troubles at time, so they shouldn't be judged by the occasional problem. If a problem became common, they would go out of business.

you're the only person. But you jump in every time someone says "trigger tech"

TRIGGER TECH!
Ya, they don't have an adjustable sear, TT will tell you they'll have some not work because of the action tolerances and you'll need a trigger that you can fully adjust, just the facts no Koolaid!!

Ya, they don't have an adjustable sear, TT will tell you they'll have some not work because of the action tolerances and you'll need a trigger that you can fully adjust, just the facts no Koolaid!!

I think you were the guy that I said "if you hate them so much, I'll trade my Calvin Elites for your TT diamonds" and the response was "ahem, cough cough, no, I don't want to" wasn't that you?

because if you don't like them, I would be happy to trade my 2 calvin elites, 2 yrs old, for 2 comparable TT diamonds. Nothing modified or ground down. original condition.

Last edited:
I use Jewels on as many rifles as they will fit and have nothing but praise for them. I have other triggers on some of my rifles and they do fine, but none of them have the feel and crispness of the Jewell. Also I have never had any problems with them, But have had problems with the other brands in one way or another.

I take very good care of all of my triggers and generally don't have any problems except for fit on and function on some brands and once this is ironed out I normally have no more problems. The Jewell has always fit perfectly, and never failed to impress me. The closest any trigger ever came to the Jewell in my opinion was Canjar triggers.

Just My experiences with triggers of all types

J E CUSTOM
I've had 2 Canjar Triggers, I cant describe how they felt other than simply amazing

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.