Jeweling fixture?

Sad to say there are no gunsmith quality jeweling fixtures like the Wilcox available anymore that I've been able to find. My best suggestion is take the time and build your own or have someone do it...I wouldn't think it would be more than 50 bucks.

chas1..I was afraid of what you would say..this is the brick wall I have ran into.
I have acsess to a Bridgport Mill, and every tool I would need to build one.
I guess it will be done on the Mill.

Keith.

Maybe you could post a pic of the one you build. Heck you might even get some orders from folks wanting to buy one.

I could make you one if you want.

I've never bothered as its easier for me to just do it in the 4th axis of my cnc.

I spose you'd need to be able to index it and hold between centers. No problem there. Could make it so that it registers in a slide that has indexing pins so you can set a stop on a drill press and then just bump it forward to the next pin hole each time.

Just some ideas.

Chad

I was talking with my brother and showed him a Jeweling fixture, he said we can build one better than the one I tossed, I gave him the one I tossed and his mind started spinning.
He has the stock for this project and he said give me some time and we can call this a Government project.
Hey have stickers that would go on the axis like a protractor with degrees..and a tig welder, and a lock would be no problem.
I called my friends at Williams and theres is a cast iron fixture they have had well over 40 years.

Problen solved.....Keith.

I've never bothered as its easier for me to just do it in the 4th axis of my cnc.

I spose you'd need to be able to index it and hold between centers. No problem there. Could make it so that it registers in a slide that has indexing pins so you can set a stop on a drill press and then just bump it forward to the next pin hole each time.

Just some ideas.

Chad

What would you charge me for a jeweling fixture? I would need it to jewel anything & everything from bolts, extractors, triggers, hammers, etc. my email is
[email protected] please contact me with a estimate.

Thank you

Randal

Heck KC, just Priority Mail those bolts to me and I'll jewell 'um. Cost is reasonable for the time it takes. I designed and built my jig nearly 20 years ago, 'cause I was too tight to buy one!

Attachments

• jewelled bolt 001.jpg
    jewelled bolt 001.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 366

Just some ideas.

Chad
Chad,
Did you ever make this and ifn; so how much?
Peter

Forster used to sell one. I've never used one of them, and always simply programed a Bridgeport using a wooden dowl rod and lapping compound.
gary

I am interested in having a jeweling fixture too! If you could build me one so I can jewel the bolt on my new weather by and the bar ells on my 1911s that would be awesome! Can you email me Joe @ [email protected] man I'd sure appreciate it.thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.