Jewel vs Triggertech

nksmfamjp

I have a Big Horn Origin L/A on the way.....looking for a trigger.

Im looking for a trigger that adjusts safely from 0.5lb - 2.25 lbs. This is kind of a wish range. I think I would like 4-8 oz when shooting off the bench and about 1.75-2.25lb in the field. The point of this post is that there is more to a trigger than weight.

Weight is important, but I need the safety to be absolutely reliable. I also want a nice crisp short pull with very good resistance to jarring off. I get that super light triggers maybe more sensitive and that is ok as long as it is hunting safe at 1.5lb.

I have used Triggertech, Timney, Geisslle and Jard in the past. Timney for my Win 70 is so far my favorite overall.

I'm basically down to:

I haven't really considered a 2 stage yet...

Any thoughts on this...I'm leaning towards Jewel as their reputation is quite good.

I have a Big Horn Origin L/A on the way.....looking for a trigger.

Im looking for a trigger that adjusts safely from 0.5lb - 2.25 lbs. This is kind of a wish range. I think I would like 4-8 oz when shooting off the bench and about 1.75-2.25lb in the field. The point of this post is that there is more to a trigger than weight.

Weight is important, but I need the safety to be absolutely reliable. I also want a nice crisp short pull with very good resistance to jarring off. I get that super light triggers maybe more sensitive and that is ok as long as it is hunting safe at 1.5lb.

I have used Triggertech, Timney, Geisslle and Jard in the past. Timney for my Win 70 is so far my favorite overall.

I'm basically down to:

I haven't really considered a 2 stage yet...

Any thoughts on this...I'm leaning towards Jewel as their reputation is quite good.
I have been using Timneys on my rifles for years until this past fall when after hearing good things about TriggerTech I decided to give them a try on a new Rem 700 in 270 Win. I have to say I love the TriggerTech's crispness and consistency - the Timneys are good, but the TriggerTech is outstanding. Don't have any Jewells but have heard they are great as well. For me, TriggerTech will be my go-to replacement for future rifles. JMO

I've used both TT special and primary and Jewell. I'd say if I was building a dedicated hunting rifle I'd go TT special. The TTs are enclosed so they are more impervious to dirt, moisture, cleaner, etc. than a jewell and TT is very crisp. I've had a jewell gum up on me before, but they are easy to clean and just takes a little more maintenance. That said a jewell has more adjustment and you can fine tune better to your liking. Either would be a fantastic choice though, just my opinion.

I was in the same boat recently. It came down to availibility for me. I was unable to find a trigertech or jewell in stock at any of the major retailers so I decied to reach out to Timney directly and they had one to my house in two days. I got the HIT, set at 8oz and they removed the bolt stop as well. There was no extra charge for the removal of the bolt stop or setting it to an exact weight per your request. I know that is not what you are looking for but it appears that options are really limited right now. Either of the two you are looking at are great triggers.

I'ved used all three and if it was a varmint rifle I would go with a Jewell. On a hunting rifle Bix and Andy Tac Sport single stage has been an awesome trigger. I would choose it over the Trigger Tech.

Been running 7 Jewels since the late 80's. Bought a TT straight trigger last year for the wife's varmint rig. It is a great trigger. It is not as great as the Jewel in overall adjustability, materials, or feel. One is made of aluminum the other of very hard stainless steel. She really doesn't know the difference so it will stay where it is. Anybody know if the Daniel Defense Delta 5 uses a REM 700 style trigger?

I have Timney, Jewell, and TT on my hunting guns. The regular Timney is a good trigger. TT is a very good trigger. Jewell is a great trigger.
I did need to send my Jewell back and have it rehoned because it was starting to creep. AND there charged me to do it, so just be aware.
The Calvin Elite is a great option too.