Jett's daughter does it again

DCGS

Official LRH SPONSOR
Last year I told you about Mary Pat shooting her first deer at about 250 yds. It was a nice 8 point. Since she is another year older I guess she needed to step it up. She shot this one at 500yds and it is a 9 point. Jett said she did it all by herself. She would practice aiming at a doe, getting the cross hairs just right and Jett would check it. When the buck came out she got everything lined up, Jett dialed the scope and never looked thru the scope. He asked are you on, yes sir. Jett was looking thru another scope. Okay when you are ready, BANG. When we cleaned the dear it was a perfect heart shot. This young lady is going to be one heck of a shooter. She was using a 6x47 Lapua that I built Jett, shooting the 115 Berger at about 3000fps. No problem with the Berger doing it's job. The deer went about 30 feet. Dan

Attachments

• Dan_and_Mary_Pat[1].jpg
    Dan_and_Mary_Pat[1].jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 130
Jett. I know you are proud. Megan wants to give it a shot tomorrow afternoon

Great shooters use great guns and great guns help make confident great shooters.

ShooterMedic,
I believe that was the first gun that Dan ever built for the general public. It shoots even better than it looks! Dan builds incredible rifles and takes a real interest in our younger shooters. He has been very instrumental in fitting guns for the kids on our school SCTP shooting team. Mary Pat is only eight years old and she wants "Mr. Dan" to build her a pink marbled gun for her next birthday!

Sealesniper,
I hope Megan was successful in her hunt. Between you, Lee and myself three of our young daughters are shooting 6x47 Lapuas built by Dan. You are correct, these awesome rifles are making confident shooters. Mary Pat desperately wants to shoot a bear over the Christmas holidays, but I just don't know about the 115 Berger for a 600 lb black bear. I believe I may let her try my 7/300 WSM with the 180 Berger. She gets so excited when she shoots an animal, she probably will not even notice the recoil.

Dan,
Thank you once again for the great gun building, but also for the memorable times you have created with my family! I can't wait for you to get to work on the 338 Snipetac, my kids have hijacked your other builds! A mile shot with that 338 on an eastern black bear would be incredible.

Congrat's to Mary Pat on a great shot and deer! Dad, you must be so proud! That's an awesome looking rifle as well! It sure is encouraging to see that there are young excellent shooters ready to take on this sport of ours!!!!

Thanks for the post!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.