• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED JC Higgins Model 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverSink

Original JC Higgins model 50 in 270win. Gun is in good condition and not abused. Will ship to your FFL that will accept from a non FFL for $450.00 insured in the conus.

Yes they were sold at Sears. It says so on the barrel along with JC Higgins. They are very high quality rifles built on commercial FN action's with BDL type bottom metal and chrome lined HighStandard barrels I believe. They generally shoot pretty good from my experience. I have never shot this one though. I can email anyone interested some pic's.

Bump for a solid rifle. General interest pics. I've had one since 1958 and sold another for this price 5 years ago.

Thanks huntsforfun, was yours drilled and tapped from the factory for a rear peep sight? Mine is and there seams to be debate as rather it was factory or not wich I believe it was. Thank's, Stan.

Stan,

My JC Higgins did NOT come drilled and tapped for a receiver site. D/T for scope bases only. Bases for this rifle can be a little tricky because hole spacing is different for the front and rear ring.

I have a couple of articles written about this rifle and some accumulated research if you or any other forum members could use some additional information. PM me an email address and I'll head a couple of PDF files your way.

BTW although my Higgins spent most of its life as a factory 30/06; I recently had it re-barreled/chambered into a 260 Remington, with some action tweaking to get it to feed reliably.

Status
Not open for further replies.