jbm page messed up,...I need some help with MOA calcualtions!!

JustC

I have a Burris 6-24 signature scope, that I did not know only has 22" or 21.01moa of adjustment.

I am pushing a 142gr smk in 6.5mm from a 26" tube at around lets say 2900fps (being conservative). How many yards before I end up running out of adjustment?

Thanks in advance.

I'll guess 875yrds. But that depends on a lot of variables.

[ 06-13-2003: Message edited by: 338-378 ]

Just C,

Does it have 20 MOA left over from your 100 yard zero? If so, a Ken Farrel 20 MOA base would put you right back near the middle of the optical center where tracking, focus and paralax is more normal and predictable.
smile.gif

Brent,..unfortunately it is a MK V action that I purchased a while back, and I have not been able to find a set of taped bases for a weatherby. Also, I only have 11" of verticle adjustment (from center), so ***-aling rings are the only thing that will get me there. I will develope the load and get a feel for the rifle, the switch rings later,..unless another suggestion comes along.

20 MOA total???????? Absolutely sure on that? Never heard of one that had that little of total adjustment.... Ooooo that sucks!!
frown.gif

JustC

2 options:

Go to the Burris Signature rings that have 20 MOA inserts that come with it. Get them for any style base, leupold, weaver etc.

Go to Bruce Baer in PA at [email protected] or (717) 349-4077. He made the bases that NF now sells. He can make/modify what you need or have presently.

BH

I amy just send the Burris back, and throw the rifle in theback of the safe where it belongs.

BH,..I will go to that site and see what turns up,...but this sad scope is another issue,....who ever heard of only 22" total adjustment.
mad.gif

Bounty Hunter,...I had a very informative talk with Bruce. thanks for that number,...he was a great help.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.