JB bore pase vs bore tech copper eliminator?

I tried the CLR trick last two cleanings...plug the muzzle and fill to the neck....soak for 20-30 minutes....drain it out...run fiber brush wrapped with some 3M pad(purple) coated with JB.....the nasty place for my barrels is about 2" out from lands and 10" down barrel....20-30 passes and clean it out.....not spit shine perfect....

I am a firm believer in the use of JB Bore Paste. I use it whenever I clean after a few matches. I only ever use a reasonably tight patch over a jag. I tried the patch over a nylon brush, didn't like the results, nor did I like using just a nylon brush with JB on it.
If I ding stubborn carbon, I soak with Carb cleaner, then run CLR followed by Shellite (petroleum spirit).
I still use Sweet's for copper.

Cheers.

Montana Extreme works too, but smells really bad due to the ammonia content.
I use it too but I place couple candles AWAY from bench but close enough to attract the volatiles and consume them as fuel. They work for me. Obviously, SAFETY placement is number one priority and DO NOT place on your bench where all sorts of flammables are located. You may only do that once! My wife always has large candles that she replaces once they reach a certain height and I grab them, I think sugar vanilla is my favorite 😂 with apple cinnamon close second!

I use it too but I place couple candles AWAY from bench but close enough to attract the volatiles and consume them as fuel. They work for me. Obviously, SAFETY placement is number one priority and DO NOT place on your bench where all sorts of flammables are located. You may only do that once! My wife always has large candles that she replaces once they reach a certain height and I grab them, I think sugar vanilla is my favorite 😂 with apple cinnamon close second!
Oh my, you must invite us for tea and crumpets your next candle light incense service for barrel swab down.....🙂🤔

Im sure all the Brits and Aussies will be "incensed" if they do not recieve a formal invitation. And you may expect that Texans may ask you to take away all the perfume and incense so that they may enjoy the smell of pure ammonia by candlelight.....sorta reminds em of the tail end of a cattle drive like in the good ol days on the Goodnight Loving and Chisolm Trails....

Eeeeeehaaaa! Swab sum more o that Montana Extreme stuff!!

JB + Kroil oil on a VFG felt pellet is all I use now. I've tried about everything out there. KG12, Butches, Sweets, ThorroClean, etc... I always come back to JB. If the barrel hasn't been cleaned in a while, VFG aggressive pellet works well.

I don't shoot a lot but have found that JB does a quick number on anything in the bore. I use chemicals and let them soak for their maximum recommended time. After a few tries with chemicals and there is still some buildup, I'll do a few light passes with the bore paste.

I'm a huge fan of BoreTech products for barrel cleaning. But when things get hot & heavy on the prairie dog towns and I need barrels cleaned quick, I use Witch's Brew.

JB paste uses garnet (mineral) as the abrasive to clean up bad bore stuff, like mechanical action.

If interested the Material Safety Data Sheet:

My thinking is the black stuff in dirty bores is a mixture of crud containing primer residue, powder residue, bullet jacket residue, & carbon. Various bore cleaners break up the black stuff including dissolving copper fouling. I use foam bore cleaners, usually overnight in stainless barrels. After pushing out corrupted blue/black slime with a patch, I use a nylon brush dipped in 5W-20 synthetic motor oil & the surfactant oil sucks up the remaining corrupted blue/black stuff.

J-B is used when things don't feel good.

No burning candles in area.

Recent Posts