January 01/2020 8 pointer

foxhunter

Shot with ar-15 10.5" pistol, 110 barnes ttsx, distance 200 yards, one shot and the bullet was under the hide on off side, 50 caliber perfect x as one would expect from a barnes x bullet. beer ran about 80 yards 20 yards of field and 60 yards of woods. drug him out and then I couldn't load the pig into the back of the pickup. getting old and weak at 68.
put a couple ratchet straps on him and managed to get then head and horns above the tailgate. dragged him 1/2 mile thru the pasture to the farm house. lucky for me the farmers son was out in the yard. he took pity on this old man and helped me load him.
gave the deer to my neighbor as a birthday present , he just turned 94 the day before.
told his sister I shot a young one with spots on it. said she would come get it and we would throw it in the trunk of her Lumina and if that wouldn't work we could strap it to the top of the car.
I told her I would hit it with a base ball bat a couple times and the spots would fall right off. Wilma is 86 years old and tough as nails. when I opened the shed door all I heard was oh my and then she said she didn't think I was going to fit in the trunk or on top of the car. told her I wasn't sure what happened, when I hit it with the baseball bat and the spots felt off it grew into a 200 pound plus deer.
could you just imagine a 86 year old woman driving down the four lane with that deer strapped to the top of her car?
OTfPIul.jpg

MdDqcC6.jpg

Nice buck. Here is a little tip that will help you load the next pig. Get you one of the cheap pully deer hoist. You will need to replace the rope on it with a much longer rope. My truck has a camper top on it but up at the cab end there were two eye type bolts on each side. I used a piece of log chain and use the hooked ended line tighteners. The type that each end screws into a center bar that when you turn the bar it draws the hooks in and will tighten up what ever you have the hooks attached to. I use this to hold the chain tight across the truck bed up at the cab end. If you don't have a camper you can rig something to attach the pully to. I then hook the top of the pully to the center of the chain and string the other end of the pully out of the bed to the ground below the tail gate. I tie a piece of rope or strap around the deer's head and attach the pully end to this rope. I then place a piece of plywood that I keep in the truck bed one end on the tail gate and the other on the ground at the deer's head to use as a ramp.Then I just pull the rope on the pully and hoist the deer up the plywood and into the truck bed. You can load one quicker than it took me to type this. LOL

funny you mention it, I just put my 7 foot atv ramp in the bed of the truck. I can slide a large deer up the ramp, just can't dead lift one anymore. I put the deer on my deer cart and roll it into the bed. never leave home deer hunting without your cart or ramp, that's my motto now.
thanks for the tip.

It's one of my favorites. The taxidermist was very good but I went to him the following year and he told me that he had quit and was just doing a few a year for close friends and family.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts