j lock bolt shoud

Yes, there are also several aftermarket manufacturers. Make sure to check firing pin protrusion after modification. I better clarify, it is the assembly as the pin and spring are different. Not just the shroud!

I bought one from Pacific tool and gauge many years ago for my kids model 7 and I think I used the same firing pin. Great upgrade, I hated that j lock

I bought one from Pacific tool and gauge many years ago for my kids model 7 and I think I used the same firing pin. Great upgrade, I hated that j lock
I recant this statement, I went into my gun room and found the original j lock assembly complete with spring and firing pin so obviously I replaced the whole unit on the model 7. Sorry, but that was at least 18 years ago and memory loss has occurred since then. But I did get where I purchased it from right

So what is the pros and cons of the Jlock?
What's wrong with leaving as is compared to replacing I have two with J lock five without.
I've only had experience with one j-lock. It had increased cocking tension and It seemed to have varying firing pin strike force from shot to shot. This may have had nothing to do with it being a j-lock, but I have my suspicions that the j-lock firing pin spring and design was the culprit.
Gre-tan makes a really nice complete assembly with shroud that includes shroud.

So what is the pros and cons of the Jlock?
What's wrong with leaving as is compared to replacing I have two with J lock five without.
The firing pin spring binds in the J Lock and in turn makes for very light primer strikes, you can hear the difference in them like night and day, you can get a complete Remington replacement at Midway the last time I checked

When I replaced mine, it had nothing to do with performance. I did it because it looked ugly and it was an unnecessary part in my opinion much like the cross bolt safety's on marlin 336's. If it's not broke, don't fix it

I replaced 3 of them, 2 SA and an LA. The spring on the J-lock looks like a snakes back. Definitely not helpful for lock time and in real cold weather the bind is a problem. Get the one piece shroud, pin and new spring, throw J lock in a box so you can give it to the next guy that buys the gun. Amazes me how many people want it.