I've been getting LRH posts a long time, finally decided to add to some conversations

osok-1k

I live in Conroe, TX and started hunting whitetails in 1965 with my grandfather. He taught me the old ways, how to track and read sign, how to move quietly in the woods. Skills which helped as Army Recon missions came up in early '70's. I'm a full time LE sniper and firearms instructor, part time gunsmith and agency armorer. I've been reloading since '76 and possess a good understanding of ballistic dynamics, concepts and application. I am a fan of Elmer Kieth's philosophies. My current go to hunting rig is a Browning 6.5 Creedmoor, Vortex Razor LH 3-15 (a very practical optic), Hornady ELDX which shoots sub 1/2 MOA, Meopta 10-42 Meostar binocular and Leica 1600R rangefinder, Vortex Razor 22-48x65 spotting scope and a good selection of environmentally appropriate Kuiu clothing. I usually wear Boggs or Muck rubber boots unless I'm in the mountains where I wear Asolo mountain boots. I have an ability to get a little wordy but hopefully very thorough.

Elmer would ask why that pest rifle is your go to hunting rifle:D

One does have to wonder what the old timers would have thought about improvements in technology.

Welcome! Look forward to hearing what you've learned in your service, and current position.

Thanks for your service.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.