"Its Time"

BFRO making a cast of print in the driveway to my camp.
Spring of 2021 about 1 hr after dark I heard a scream kike I had never heard around there before. Also found an area that had been tore up and mashed down. the stick standing up I could not break by hand. Others in the area have heard things. You decide.

Attachments

• BFRO making  cast.jpg
    BFRO making cast.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 60
  • BFRO  4 17 2020.jpg
    BFRO 4 17 2020.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 65
While in North Idaho this season I got to hear a few stories from locals....
First.......Lady I met at the bar...local tribe...built a house up in the boonies...had elk deer bear and sheep living in her yard....also said there were strange things happening often....didnt elaborate too much...but she knew it wasnt human...and was very distraughting...

Second....a guy had a house up at the end of a long mtn road...just outside of St.Maries.....occassionally he had to leave his property because these 'things' started getting to rambunctious at his house...rapping on exterior of house...breaking things he left outside..and just hanging around too close for too long of periods.....

Third....the lady bartender had just moved back to the area after living in Spokane for 15 years....she and her boyfriend rented a house up supposedly the same road as the other guy....had a feeling they were always being watched..hearing scream noises occassionally...and her big dog did not like to be outside..as well as her other dog having disappeared.....

I hunted some different areas this year.....saw some really big moose tracks...huge deer tracks...but no bipedal tracks other than my own...

Been a lot of guys out in the woods this year.....what did you see....hear....feel.......
Any second hand stories.....

Last edited:
I second that. I enjoy a good creepy story
Story #2
I was in my early 20's. Maybe 23. I was a drywall hanger and metal stud framer back then. I had finished a contract and decided I'd go on a 3 day hunt, leaving that night. It was the the beginning of the second week of archery season. September 7th ish.
I got my ford ranger all loaded with gear, got showered and headed out.
I was living in Ferndale Montana and was thinking I'd go up the North Fork of the Flathead river which is the western boundary of Glacier Park. Then drive across to the the Ten Lakes/Grave creek drainage and hike into a Wolverine lake area. It's a good area to hunt alone and get an animal out. It's all down hill once your there.
I like being out at night listening for elk and bugling. Once I get an answer, I come up with a plan and try to get some rest.
I had called all the way across the cut off road at certain points with no luck. I made it to a creek drainage that has a gated road going up into the drainage, I think it was about 12:30am.
I parked back away from the gate were a pull out was. Grabbed my 444 Marlin and tube, I was almost to the gate and decided to bugle. As soon as I finished this sound of crashing brush and hard movement erupted from the ridge top.
In the dead silence you can hear very well. I knew the ridge and the logging road system well.
I judged the noises to be about 3/4-1 mile away.
Whatever was up there was staying on top of the ridge and covering ground fast.
All of a sudden the noise stopped. It had covered about half the distance. Then there was this very loud screech, I instantly knew without a doubt I wasn't a bear. Then I felt a breeze from the ridge top on my neck and face, and along with it came this oder I had never smelled before. It was the rottenest smell I had ever smelt. The hair stood up on the back of my neck and whatever it was started moving again, it was not trying to be quite. The slope to the top of the ridge is about 65% and the road cut going into that cliff drainage left quite a cut in the hillside. All of a sudden small gravelly clay was coming down the cut. I dropped the bugle and sprinted to the truck and jumped in it.
I've never been spooked since. I felt like I was gonna pass out. I started the ranger and hit the lights, Instantly at about 35 yards in front of the truck a giant brown blur dashed back into the brush and was tearing back up the drainage. I remember the smell and my heart pounding hard, like that was all I could here was my heartbeat.
I got the heck out of there and went about 5 miles back the way I came. There is a big meadow that I felt secure in. I didn't sleep well that night and at daybreak I thought I'd drive back up there and see if I could find tracks because by morning I had convinced my self that it had to be a grizzly.
When I was driving back I thought I should bugle from a certain spot that reaches up three drainages. That's when I remembered dropping my bugle tube. I tried with the reed a my hands.
No answers so I headed back to closed gate.
When I was pulling up to were I had parked there was no arguing where I had been. The spin out marks in the hard packed road stood right out.
I put it in first gear and was looking all over the place and pretty nervous. I drove all the way to the gate and when I realized my bugle was gone I got real freaked again.
I headed straight back down the way I had come and forgot all about hunting, went to a buddies house in Columbia Falls and told him about the whole thing. He was a drywall finisher I hung board for.
He grabbed some 20 minute hot mud a pan and knife and his hunting pack and pistol. We went back and tried to look for a good track to make a cast.
We only looked about 100' from the road. That clay slope at the gate never had a mark in it except from that fresh slide material the night before. We never did find a cast and he told me it was most likely a grizzly.
Funny thing was, on the way home we both started talking bout the odor that was lingering,
Not as strong as when a skunk passes by but you could definitely notice it.
When I dropped him off he said"Hell, I think ya might have seen a Bigfoot" he laughed pretty good and went in his house.
I don't know for sure what happened that night, and won't. But I know what it wasn't

"I don't know for sure what happened that night, and won't. But I know what it wasn't".....Wyo

That's exactly they way I feel.....
I've seen plenty of black bears..a few grizz....
What I saw wasn't a bear....any any 4 legged critter.......

Thx for your stories...
Go ask about....youll be amazed how many believe...how many have stories.....

Like Like Quote Reply

"I don't know for sure what happened that night, and won't. But I know what it wasn't".....Wyo

That's exactly they way I feel.....
I've seen plenty of black bears..a few grizz....
What I saw wasn't a bear....any any 4 legged critter.......

Thx for your stories...
Go ask about....youll be amazed how many believe...how many have stories.....

View attachment 331171 Like Quote Reply
Honestly…
I don't know for for sure or not. The things that have happened , I can't explain them either . I was a toddler the first time and have flash card memories. The second time, I know it wasn't a friggin bear or any other two legged critter. The people I have talked to about this is a a small number. Most people give ya the dumbest looks. This forum is full of a few types of people, the ones that hike to the high ends and get into the dark woods for miles. Some of them have sensed, heard and or even seen things too.
There is one more story but I'm pretty descriptive and I hate that much typing at once.
Maybe tomorrow I'll tell it.
The guy that was with me told me about this forum
Been waiting for him to PM me and say howdy or to shut the heck up. Hehehe
If he is still active on here maybe he will see this thread and fess up. 😈

Second viewer.....would be a serious backup to any story....

While my son was flyfishing within an arms reach....i didn't even think to tell him to 'look over'.....or notify the two people sitting on the dam fishing.....

I did go back up there and revisit the range to what I had seen....
The deceptive part was there are two ridges right where I was looking...tge back ridge was 800yds..the front ridge was 350-400yds figuring we were on the pontoon about 50yds from the dam...so 'knowing the ridge they were I'm gives me solid evidence to the reasoning I saw no muzzle..no ears.........the ridge they were on...was 50yds above a gravel road...and having been there to 'restudy' the lay of the landscape there's only one of two reasoning as to their quick disappearance....
They either slid back down the ridgevto keep out of view....or they layed down right where I last saw them.....in taller sages......

Eventually I will run into someone else that has had an experience....

Ah.....just recalled...cashier at local HD....hasnt viewed one herself...but has another friend that has had experiences up Pocatello Creek...near the old gold mines...
Gold mines....dug into side of the mountain......home sweet home...

Story #2
I was in my early 20's. Maybe 23. I was a drywall hanger and metal stud framer back then. I had finished a contract and decided I'd go on a 3 day hunt, leaving that night. It was the the beginning of the second week of archery season. September 7th ish.
I got my ford ranger all loaded with gear, got showered and headed out.
I was living in Ferndale Montana and was thinking I'd go up the North Fork of the Flathead river which is the western boundary of Glacier Park. Then drive across to the the Ten Lakes/Grave creek drainage and hike into a Wolverine lake area. It's a good area to hunt alone and get an animal out. It's all down hill once your there.
I like being out at night listening for elk and bugling. Once I get an answer, I come up with a plan and try to get some rest.
I had called all the way across the cut off road at certain points with no luck. I made it to a creek drainage that has a gated road going up into the drainage, I think it was about 12:30am.
I parked back away from the gate were a pull out was. Grabbed my 444 Marlin and tube, I was almost to the gate and decided to bugle. As soon as I finished this sound of crashing brush and hard movement erupted from the ridge top.
In the dead silence you can hear very well. I knew the ridge and the logging road system well.
I judged the noises to be about 3/4-1 mile away.
Whatever was up there was staying on top of the ridge and covering ground fast.
All of a sudden the noise stopped. It had covered about half the distance. Then there was this very loud screech, I instantly knew without a doubt I wasn't a bear. Then I felt a breeze from the ridge top on my neck and face, and along with it came this oder I had never smelled before. It was the rottenest smell I had ever smelt. The hair stood up on the back of my neck and whatever it was started moving again, it was not trying to be quite. The slope to the top of the ridge is about 65% and the road cut going into that cliff drainage left quite a cut in the hillside. All of a sudden small gravelly clay was coming down the cut. I dropped the bugle and sprinted to the truck and jumped in it.
I've never been spooked since. I felt like I was gonna pass out. I started the ranger and hit the lights, Instantly at about 35 yards in front of the truck a giant brown blur dashed back into the brush and was tearing back up the drainage. I remember the smell and my heart pounding hard, like that was all I could here was my heartbeat.
I got the heck out of there and went about 5 miles back the way I came. There is a big meadow that I felt secure in. I didn't sleep well that night and at daybreak I thought I'd drive back up there and see if I could find tracks because by morning I had convinced my self that it had to be a grizzly.
When I was driving back I thought I should bugle from a certain spot that reaches up three drainages. That's when I remembered dropping my bugle tube. I tried with the reed a my hands.
No answers so I headed back to closed gate.
When I was pulling up to were I had parked there was no arguing where I had been. The spin out marks in the hard packed road stood right out.
I put it in first gear and was looking all over the place and pretty nervous. I drove all the way to the gate and when I realized my bugle was gone I got real freaked again.
I headed straight back down the way I had come and forgot all about hunting, went to a buddies house in Columbia Falls and told him about the whole thing. He was a drywall finisher I hung board for.
He grabbed some 20 minute hot mud a pan and knife and his hunting pack and pistol. We went back and tried to look for a good track to make a cast.
We only looked about 100' from the road. That clay slope at the gate never had a mark in it except from that fresh slide material the night before. We never did find a cast and he told me it was most likely a grizzly.
Funny thing was, on the way home we both started talking bout the odor that was lingering,
Not as strong as when a skunk passes by but you could definitely notice it.
When I dropped him off he said"Hell, I think ya might have seen a Bigfoot" he laughed pretty good and went in his house.
I don't know for sure what happened that night, and won't. But I know what it wasn't
How big was the brown blur that you saw do you think?

We don't have anything that exiting in Arizona unfortunately.

Thank you for the story, I really like hearing stuff like that.

Honestly…
I don't know for for sure or not. The things that have happened , I can't explain them either . I was a toddler the first time and have flash card memories. The second time, I know it wasn't a friggin bear or any other two legged critter. The people I have talked to about this is a a small number. Most people give ya the dumbest looks. This forum is full of a few types of people, the ones that hike to the high ends and get into the dark woods for miles. Some of them have sensed, heard and or even seen things too.
There is one more story but I'm pretty descriptive and I hate that much typing at once.
Maybe tomorrow I'll tell it.
The guy that was with me told me about this forum
Been waiting for him to PM me and say howdy or to shut the heck up. Hehehe
If he is still active on here maybe he will see this thread and fess up. 😈
I look forward to hearing it.

How big was the brown blur that you saw do you think?

We don't have anything that exiting in Arizona unfortunately.

Thank you for the story, I really like hearing stuff like that.
Thanks for the sincerity.
Like I mentioned in my first story which was a page or 2 back on this thread, several adults knew what they saw wasn't a bear. The whole camp cleared out that night.
Then, as an young adult, I had an experience I can't explain of my own.
To answer your question straight, I remedy the dash lights coming on and not being able to see
100%. But when they did adjust- I just know from experience that a bear can't move that fast upright. The whole thing was over in a few seconds.
As far as the size- I can tell ya anything other than it was big and moving. It was pitch dark except for the lights of that tiny '87 Ford Ranger.
Just a ?- How do you know there isn't anything like what let me have that experience in AZ ?
Teddy Roosevelt had his own story and it's documented. He ran the country. Lol
But I can guarantee ya the current clown came out with something like this and have any creds