"Its Time"

26Reload

Maybe i should have put this under fishing.....as there has to be a few out there that have been bitten.....
Maybe some of you are YouTube fans...so you might have seen Steve up in "Cannuck Land"'s "HowToHunt..Bigfoot Series"....
I have had a situation in my past that i couldn't quite put facts into saying "Yes...i did see a Bigfoot"...but here is my story....

"I had my kid on pontoon boat on Hawkens Res. west of Arimo Idaho....
While looking east past the dam and past the two guys sitting on the dam.. I saw an odd dark colored thing going up the edge of the already cut crop land.....i was trying to figure out if it was a squirrel of some sort..elk head..cow head.......none of those worked for my sighting...as I couldn't see ears....marmot..doubtful....definitely not a deer...way too dark colored and still no ears.....
Well..it kind of lingered as it was going up the back of the little ridge..stopping and as far as I could tell....staring back our direction to see what we were all doing.....then a few steps forward and stopped again.....seemed very odd to me....i kept watching....thats when the second one appeared doing the same thing....looking our direction...
That was about 5 years ago.....
A few months ago I went back up there to check the distances with a range finder.....a boat about where we had been on the water was 500yds away....the ridge the objects were on....1300yds....so basically I was watching two things of dark color at 800yds....naked eyes.....
That they were marmots just doesn't fit.......too far to see one of those at that distance.....i drove up around and checked the canyon these things were heading to.....fair sized draw...leading from the creek with tall sagebrush.....up to a heavily(for the area)timber covered mountain...
Well...i can't say that it was a couple of Bigfoot.....but i have to go with....most likely....
It was about this time of year and hot as hell......they went to water in the middle of the day..or spent their night there...and decided to head back up the mountain in the heat....
I put up some horse fence for a lady whose dad had a huge ranch there for many years.....he told the kids to "not ever leave the ranch on their own"......"absolutely never"......i bet he knew something was around there...too perfect an area.....big rocky mountain tops....bound to be caves...."
So....i don't want to detract from anyone's personal experience..want to give you the leeway to talk about it without people on here calling "BS"....if you feel you need to call "BS"..keep it to yourself...no reason for you to say anything to harass anyone.....
I know a guy on here that has had his experience...but i won't say who o"K"ay.........but let's get this rolling....one of my clients lived near Bear Lake for many years...ran cattle on the west side...was heading up the hill in the light of the moon in her truck....one walked right into the road in front of her...walked up the road til it got to its intended trail...then straight up the mountain.....i have shown this pic before...its a coastal critter...a pic from another source....trail cam....if you look really close to where the front foot should be...you can see it's big toe..and on a computer screen blow it up and refine..count three more toes.... 3061~2.jpeg
Let us read your experience....and see whatever pics you have...
I..myself..would find it totally spectacular to see with my very own eyes one of these creatures.....anyone whom has spent years in the woods..mountains..backyards..swamps..we have practically seen every creature around us...most accidental..
But i would have to say.....
Bigfoot...would be the ultimate picture....or memory...
Maybe even a nightmare for someone....
I had plenty of those from watching JAWS on the big screen..for many years....and still do sometimes..after 40 years...
For anyone willing to share.....thank you...

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. From a shooting friend.....

Ok, since you're apparently not ridiculing people, I'll share a story. I did indeed see _something_ ... what, I'm not certain.

I'm going to start off on a tangent with an opinion: I've told this story to a few people and one thing that really chaps my *** is people who were not even there telling me what I saw or didn't see when they weren't there to experience it themselves. This is one of those things where any answer besides "I don't know" is a display of ignorance and arrogance.

So ... the story:

I'm going to say 1976 to 1979 time frame, not sure exactly which year, location ... lower Rogue. A slightly older cousin and I were sitting in his mom's truck on a sand bar after dark. His mom was on the hill behind us deer hunting and we were her ride home. We were pointed roughly upriver. We saw something move in river center. We didn't get the headlights on it quick enough for a clear view but it was obviously bipedal, walking down-current at maybe 7-8 mph in 5 feet of water. Looked like a tall, roughly human form. Since it was between crotch and waist deep, that would make it 9-10 feet tall. That much torso out of the water is too much weight to bear floating, it had to be walking on the bottom. My cuz fired up the truck, backed up, and swung it around trying to keep the headlights on this thing as it went downriver, but as it crossed over a shallow gravel bar to drop into the next, slower pool, we were out of position with the lights, so we never got a look at it from the waist down to see how the leg length was proportional to the body or anything like that. By the time we were back in place to see it, it was probably 200 yards away. The water there is 12-15 feet deep for a ways, then goes over some big ledges, and drops back off deep again. We couldn't see it well but it swam sort of high, maybe only armpits deep rather than clear to it's neck like a person. It'd didn't swim overhand like a person. We watched it go around a bend nearly a quarter mile away, eventually just a dot going around the corner.

in the time we watched it, there was never any sort of change of color or reflectivity suggestive of clothing, it was just a roughly solid darkish mass. I don't recall seeing arms extend from the body. It was just like a big person ambling along down the river bed, water and all.

I will add to this a couple more details.

I had forgotten about it, but another cousin was visiting us that night. She reminded me about a year ago that that night, the family dogs which were generally pretty low key spent the whole night all worked up about something out in the dark, but they wanted no part of going out to investigate. There was something out there they wanted us to be aware of, but something they were essentially afraid of. They never hesitated to chase a bear off the lawn, or a cougar either. So .. what was it?

Second thing, about 2 years earlier, maybe a mile further upstream, I found huge footprints in the mud. The river had dropped a bunch overnight and exposed a wide shelf of rock with an inch or so of muddy scum on it. I was hiking up the bank fishing and found tracks where something bipedal had come out of the river, crossed that rock shelf, and gone up over the clay cut bank where it was too steep for me ... and i was a darn portable kid. Back in those days the limit on trout was minimum of 8 inches long. We cut a notch in the handle of our fly rods 8 inches from the end of the butt to compare the fish we caught to so we'd know if they were legal or not. Using the notch on my rod, I guestimate those tracks at 24.5 inches long and 8.5 inches wide. That is bigger than the standard report for bigfoot tracks by a good bit, but within the outer limits of reported tracks. Since the mud was still wet, I figure the tracks were less than 3-4 hours old.

When I saw those tracks, I looked around a little bit, swapped ends, and headed back for the boat. I rowed out in the middle of the river and chucked out the anchor where I could see in all directions.

Another time, 10 miles from there, something followed a high school friend and I. There's a big rocky knob sticking out from the mountain that's 1500 feet high or something like that. There's supposed to be a cave with indian artifacts up there so we decided to go look. We climbed up one side of this knob zig-zagging up the different smaller facets of the main bluff. Never found it. Got up on top, pushed a couple boulders off (we were 16-17 year old boys, what else do boys do but push rocks?) to listen to them smash when they hit, then hiked to the other side and climbed back down. Something followed us from just after where we dropped off. We could hear it, but it stayed out of sight. If we ran, it ran, if we walked, it walked. We stayed out of heavy brush in open timber as much as possible so it couldn't sneak up on us. Finally, we crossed our up-bound tracks in the talus and saw 3 sets of bipedal tracks, not two. The third set seemed to have a longer stride than Pat, and Pat is 6 foot 4 inches tall. It could have been someone following us messing with us, but I don't know anyone down there who'd go to the effort and definitely nobody who was local there who was taller than Pat,
the locals are all part indian and mostly about 5 foot 5.

Anyway ... no answer, just ... thought provoking ...

I'm 60/40 convinced there's something out there. There's just enough accumulation of "stuff" to think that is the simpler explanation than that there isn't anything there and it's all a mistake of one sort or other. I wouldn't be totally shocked to run into something, I wouldn't be totally shocked if there were a way to "prove" it to learn there wasn't, either. It's interesting enough that when I have time and nothing better to do, I go wander around and look deliberately. Beats watching sports reruns, if nothing else.

I grew up north of Agnes...
Down the south fork of Coquille..so you're basically talking about the backwoods...i hunted...johnson mountain..iron mountain..way out the south side of bone mountain that I spent a lot of time in.....all that country would be easier living for a critter...lots of game..creeks year round...blackberries in the fall...fruit trees apparently left by Johnny Appleseed himself......there are books that cover stories of 'odd' critters in that particular area....north of there on the sixes he is known as the blonde man....south of there, there was a Russian settlement(nearer Brookings..which is,just slightly over the hill) that the logging camp kept getting raided...dogs werent being proactive...the loggers joined forces with axes and splitting mauls one night....the written story says they killed a monster of a man....blonde haired........but there were more....the loggers(with family in tow) left the area....
Sounds like you were around Indian creek on the rogue....
My grandfather homesteads on Hunters Creek and other family still owns some land on Pistol River...

Havent talked about this encounter in years. Grew up on the remote family farm in western pa. Will leave at that. Here we go. Was traveling home from work one Friday evening on my motorcycle. Not a well used road that is cut into the side of a mountain so steep you have to go from tree to tree to ascend or descend. Noticed what I thought was another dead deer on the road until I got beside it and realized it couldn't move but was still alive. Was on my way up the road to turn around and come back and put her out of her misery. Went about 100 yards and turned around heading back down the road. Saw it jump off the uphill side of the road go up to the deer and pick it up by its back legs and looked at her head and also realized she was still alive. Swung her over its head two times like a man would swing an ax splitting wood , smashing her head into the road. Looked at her again and must have been sure she was now dead and swung her over both shoulders behind its neck and jumped off the road heading down the hill. Got down to where this happened and no trace of it. Seen dead deer there quite frequently and always wondered if they cause them down that hill hoping for similar results. Have thought about that almost daily for 35 years. No other explanation that I can think of.

Couple more details. This animal was the same color as an orangutan. Would describe it more towards lean than heavily muscled. Height had to be over 9 feet. I figure a average doe in Pa hanging from back legs is 6 feet high. This thing picked it up by the hind legs and looked it right in the eye without bending over. Its arms looked slightly long for its height also. Walked as upright as one of us.

There's a guy up in BC that has confronted the Cannuck government..trying to get Bigfoot listed as an endangered species...dont recall his name...he has taken several people out to view an area that he knows there is a group of sasquatch habitating...one guy freaked when he saw one critter...another guy was I believe to be Jeff Meldrum..a supposed bipedal anthropologist at ISU..where i live...it would be overwhelming if Mr Meldrum(if it was him) to come forth and substantiate any evidence he can......force the US Govt to rule that Sasquatch is real..and give them all rights possible to be listed as an endangered species.....and on that note...letting extreme numbers of wolves and grizzlies be taken down by any and all means..so that the few Bigfoot can not only increase their numbers..but give the females and their offspring a chance to survive......
And for all the accounts of sightings....i believe their hairs can vary as do bears...from sparse to thick...and many variances of colors...and we all know that offspring can vary...short and stumpy..tall and gangly....
Life spans...who knows...maybe they grow faster than we bipedal humanoids....
Having worked at a taxidermy shop..guessing a bears age by its size is futile....some of fhe biggest bears ate really well and were 5-10 years old....some smallish ones were the size of dogs and were aged by tooth to be nearly 20 years old.....20 years......thats a long time to live in the woods....

Last edited:
I have a couple more first hand stories from older guys that have been in the woods...probably more than any half dozen of us....one was a logger in coastal BC......
other grew up in Montana divide area..had keys to hundreds of thousands of acres.......back in the day....
He was on a trap line one day...high rocky mountain rock hillside..turned the corner..face to face with grizz...just like the picture on the old magazine.......he killed that grizz...one shot into the skull...222 Remington....
But i will save these stories til others post up....