It's on it's way!!!!!!!!!!!

308 nate

Just wanted to share my excitement on a new piece of equipment being added to the shop. I have been researching a new lathe for quite sometime and decided to go with a Haas TL1 tool room CNC lathe. The trucker called me today and said he was in Iowa and would probably be here Sat. night. I got the spot in the shop all ready for it and am anxious to get it up and running. I have lots of plans for this and a big CNC mill I almost have completed. I am hoping this new eqipment will help me keep up better and keep my muzzle brakes in stock as well as make parts that are hard for me to get from certain manufactures.
I hope to have a shop pix page up on my website in about a month or so....

Thanks for letting me share.

Nate:D

hass.jpg

Man that looks big, serious, heavy and I'll bet really expensive. Congratulations and looking forward to some pics once set up.

Nice job! Good to see more CNC equipment being used for this stuff.

I don't mean to be "know it all" but a few things I've learned regarding equipment like this.

Your floor is where good parts and long trouble free machine life begins.

I say min of 10" slab with 5/8 rebar on 6" center where the machine sits. If you have intentions of more than one machine like this have the slabs be monolithic and isolated from one another. less vibration transmitted through the floor when both machines are running and that means better surface finishes.

Clean stable power is a must! Get a voltage conditioner!

This may sound dumb, but it's true I promise. Avoid having florescent lights close to the control. I know they probably used one inside the machine but for some reason a florescent bulb gives off "something" that can (not always, but can) screw with a control.

These are lessons I've learned after over 15 years of playing with these things.

Last: Program it like ya' stole it!

Best of luck on your new machine!

Last edited:
very nice, I love the Haas control for its ease of use. have fun with it and let the chips fly
Jrigby

I would imagine that your new toy has probably arrived by now, Nathan. I'll bet you are like a kid on Christmas morning! Glad to see that your business is flourishing. From my customer experience with you I can see why!

*Prairie Princess*, you must be the Misses? Make sure he's fed and gets his sleep.:)

Congrats Nate. I'm sure you'll find lots of jobs for it and production will go faster and easier once you get it all programed. There's nothing cheap about stepping up to cnc but you'll make up for that in speed. I've got a Hardinge cnc lathe for my reloading parts I make. I took a 20 min part to make down to 3 min 17 sec on my cnc and the quality is better. Good luck with you new toy.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts