"It's not your Mama's venison burger"

FEENIX

... it's what's for lunch. :D

Seasoned venison burger with chopped carmelized onion in duck fat, fresh minced garlic, fresh chopped fresh basil, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, and shredded colby and jack cheese, and one egg.

Coated with Italian bread crumb and fried with duck fat. Served with sauted butter nut squash and topped with fresh egg ... and course washed it down with the right brew. :)

Pi9XRR9.jpg

hXBTiyn.jpg

IcWayPf.jpg

MgsrBNo.jpg

Cheers!

Ed

Last edited:
Just copied your recipe! Sadly the kid got to my last 5lbs of venison...guess I'll have to wait to try it.
Wait a minute, Nephew has some elk burger! Thanks Feenix

My wife was worried about the fat content but when I told her the squash and the low fat content of the venison balanced it out she relaxed a bit. I'll have to make a meal of it quickly before her next visit to the dietician. :D

My wife was worried about the fat content but when I told her the squash and the low fat content of the venison balanced it out she relaxed a bit. I'll have to make a meal of it quickly before her next visit to the dietician. :D

L:)L! Cut the portion in half and have a salad instead, that's what my wife normally does.

That looks delicious! Stupid question (mainly because in my 35 years of existence I haven't knowingly ran across it)... What's with the duck fat? Is it a texture? Help it cook? Just curious is all, but I am stealing your recipe for tomorrow on the grill

Ok, BURP, this is about the best Venison burger yet!!! Where do you find these? Even my wife is ranting about how good this is.

That looks delicious! Stupid question (mainly because in my 35 years of existence I haven't knowingly ran across it)... What's with the duck fat? Is it a texture? Help it cook? Just curious is all, but I am stealing your recipe for tomorrow on the grill

Not stupid at all! I use the duck fat for a different level of flavor ... kinda like anything cooked in bacon fat is good because fat rules. :D

Enjoy!

Ok, BURP, this is about the best Venison burger yet!!! Where do you find these? Even my wife is ranting about how good this is.

I'm sort of an amateur foodie and loves to cook. My Dad cooked for his admiral for many years when he retired from the navy and grew up in a family of excellent home cooks.

I often watch different kind of cooking shows for some inspiration but never really good in following recipes; but as you can see I love to share them for others to enjoy or inspired and put their own twist to it. :cool:

lightbulbI found that egg(s) are the perfect natural sauce to meats, i.e., steaks an eggs. :) lightbulb

Cheers!

Ed

Yep, that egg was a good touch to that burger. My wife is a little worried though, she doesn't think I should be putting eggs on everything we eat now.

Yep, that egg was a good touch to that burger. My wife is a little worried though, she doesn't think I should be putting eggs on everything we eat now.

I can certainly understand that, in the past we were told egg is good for you, bad for you, and now it's good again. Check this out >>> Good Eggs: For Nutrition, They're Hard to Beat.

Despite the study above, I too limit my eggs intake significantly, like my alcohol consumption, it's all about moderation. :D

For instance, I had 1 hard boiled eggs by itself at 0500 and course my extremely strong AM coffee (a few cups too many); this will last me to my 0830 snack time. :)

Cheers!

Ed

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.