It's a whiskey tasting kinda of night ...

Picked up a couple today that are tough to find locally. Found a place with great prices on them too!

I was visiting my mom and used the Drizly app to see if any places around had them. When I went in, they said they didn't have any. I said Drizly says you do. The cashier said let me call the owner. She then said since you saw it on Drizly they would sell it to me, and they stock a few of these for a local guy but don't put it on the shelves. Now I know :)

Attachments

• 2185065F-9954-41D7-9A53-204F612D57E3.jpeg
    2185065F-9954-41D7-9A53-204F612D57E3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Picked up a couple today that are tough to find locally. Found a place with great prices on them too!

I was visiting my mom and used the Drizly app to see if any places around had them. When I went in, they said they didn't have any. I said Drizly says you do. The cashier said let me call the owner. She then said since you saw it on Drizly they would sell it to me, and they stock a few of these for a local guy but don't put it on the shelves. Now I know :)
That's very common anymore. They only sell the good stuff to their most loyal customers. You have to develop a good relationship with the owners. At least at the small shops.

That's very common anymore. They only sell the good stuff to their most loyal customers. You have to develop a good relationship with the owners. At least at the small shops.
Here in VA the stores are all state run and most of the hard to find bottles are randomly dropped at different stores. Several employees were busted selling the store info ahead of time. I know, I know........hard to believe any corruption could find its way into a government run program!

This is pretty good. I've never had a Manhattan before this so I bought a premix. It's not super sweet like an old fashion.

Attachments

• 58A3769A-3156-4809-B8F0-B9E80CFDB9C1.jpeg
    58A3769A-3156-4809-B8F0-B9E80CFDB9C1.jpeg
    706.9 KB · Views: 37
@Lefty7mmstw

If I ever see that I'll give it a try. We don't have a lot of choices out this way and we are in a state you can't mail order. Might just learn to mix the cocktail myself. 😎

Recent Posts