It's a whiskey tasting kinda of night ...

Tonight's pour. It's decent, but not going to become a go to.

Attachments

• 1B410E1A-2F9E-4BC7-829F-E5A526918B9E.png
    1B410E1A-2F9E-4BC7-829F-E5A526918B9E.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 49
Well I do not have a bottle of this hooch available for an actual photo, however back in 1988, which is quite a long time ago I took a 30 day leave from the Army and went up to the Enstrom Helicopter Company in Menominee, Michigan to teach in a factory transition course for 8 military pilots from Chile.
Chile had just purchased several Enstrom F28F utility helicopters and needed to have several of their instructor pilots get instructor qualified in the aircraft. Now you are probably asking how did a Military instructor get qualified in a non military helicopter well enough to teach at a factory instructor training school. It was actually quite simple, I taught on the side for a local helicopter operator teaching basic helicopter flight courses, and because of this became an Enstrom Certified Check Airperson. I knew Enstrom's chief pilot and he asked if I would like to come up to Menominee and help with a class of foreign pilots from Chile. They were to be trained as Enstrom Instructor Pilots to go back to Chile to teach others how to fly the light observation helicopters. It was interesting in that only a few of the pilots spoke English and worked as translators for the others. Much of the training was conducted by demonstration only, showing the pilot, who was already a qualified helicopter instructor in other aircraft how a maneuver was supposed to be done. Then they were to copy the maneuver demonstrated. This was always followed by a question and answer period with a translator. One of the main differences between what the Chilean pilots believed was that when a helicopter engine quit, you were going to die. They were simply amazed when Autorotations were made to the ground without the aircraft successfully landed without ending up in a ball of metal pieces with the pilot and passengers balled up among the wreckage. Once they learned that if an engine quit they could successfully land the helicopter they were firm believers and enthusiastic students . To end this story after a month of training the Peruvians were experts and were going home to train others on how to fly the helicopters that could land safely after an engine failure. At the graduation ceremony I was presented with a bottle of Pisco, a South American type of Brandy. I was warned as the chief translator handed me the bottle to be careful since it was very strong. WOO HOO was he right! Picture not available but readily available online.

Attachments

• Enstrom-F-28-Helicopter.jpg
    Enstrom-F-28-Helicopter.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 42
I have a question about online ordering. I haven't really ordered booze online before.

I ran across a website, the Wooden Cork, that seems to have good prices, especially on bundles of bottles. Anyone use them?

I am open to other suggestions too. I am looking for some Weller's for Christmas time, and the only place I have been able to find it nearby is 2.5x the price of some of these online sites.

I have a question about online ordering. I haven't really ordered booze online before.

I ran across a website, the Wooden Cork, that seems to have good prices, especially on bundles of bottles. Anyone use them?

I am open to other suggestions too. I am looking for some Weller's for Christmas time, and the only place I have been able to find it nearby is 2.5x the price of some of these online sites.
Most of my online purchases are from https://uptownspirits.com/.