It's a whiskey tasting kinda of night ...

To each his own, no wrong answer on what tastes good to you.
Indeed!
20220121_194924.jpg

Tasting Note by The Chaps at Master of Malt

Nose: More like Lapsang Souchong tea than Lapsang Souchong! One of the smokiest noses from Islay. It's big, very, very concentrated, and redolent of iodine, sweet spices, good, mature Sherry and creamy vanilla. Stunning.

Palate: Very thick and rich. A massive mouthful of malt and Sherry with good fruity sweetness, but also a wonderful sweetness. Big, powerful peat and oak.

Finish: Long, spicy finish, figs, dates, peat smoke, vanilla.

Last edited:
Indeed!
View attachment 333151

Nose: More like Lapsang Souchong tea than Lapsang Souchong! One of the smokiest noses from Islay. It's big, very, very concentrated, and redolent of iodine, sweet spices, good, mature Sherry and creamy vanilla. Stunning.

Palate: Very thick and rich. A massive mouthful of malt and Sherry with good fruity sweetness, but also a wonderful sweetness. Big, powerful peat and oak.

Cheers!

I'll admit it. I'm a sucker cool/catchy names and interesting bottles. Picked this up in mandeville La last week. Not a good decision.
E0CB151D-E1C5-455B-931D-F783362FEB8C.jpeg
E0CB151D-E1C5-455B-931D-F783362FEB8C.jpeg

I'll admit it. I'm a sucker cool/catchy names and interesting bottles. Picked this up in mandeville La last week. Not a good decision. View attachment 334423View attachment 334423
Whether it's Scotch, Bourbon or some other sort of Whiskey I learned about 30 years ago to avoid blended wiskeys no matter how cool the name, bottle, or cute little bag they came in.

Indeed!
View attachment 333151

Might be my favorite, along with the Doublewood from Balvenie...:p

Whether it's Scotch, Bourbon or some other sort of Whiskey I learned about 30 years ago to avoid blended wiskeys no matter how cool the name, bottle, or cute little bag they came in.
The cute little bag comment make me remember. I've got a few bottles of the "reserve" in the cute little bags. They been in my gun safe for close to 20 years! I opened a bottle of it a few weeks ago and was really surprised. I guess the extra 20 years did something for it

I rely heavily on my own senses, not labeling, bottling, whether it is blended or single malt, etc. I do not discriminate them for those reasons. I have done some blind tasting and it was a humbling experience.

I rely heavily on my own senses, not labeling, bottling, whether it is blended or single malt, etc. I do not discriminate them for those reasons. I have done some blind tasting and it was a humbling experience.
I don't discrimante, my palate does. They keep telling me I have a very discriminating palate

Doing blind whiskey tasting with friends is one of my favorite activities! You learn a lot, and get to taste a lot when everyone adds a few different bottles to the flight.

Recent Posts