It's a whiskey tasting kinda of night ...

Thursday is my chill day and trying out a new blend.

View attachment 332764

Cheers!
Have to get me a glass like that for my bourbon. I have the round diamond cut lead crystal. I like a wider bottom, but will try a glass like this.
Still waiting for someone to send me a very good bottle of a fine libation to sooth the palate.

This is what's warming me up tonight.
02C84A30-5615-42B1-8BE2-4D0B713C5CF0.jpeg

Most of my Scotch is a single malt, but I do not discriminate against type. I am an equal opportunity spirit (pun intended) kind of guy. :cool:
Feenix, what type of scotch do you prefer? Can say I had an Islay a few weeks back, a highly preferred one by Islay scotch drinkers, and did not care for the flavor. Loved the smoke I got up front but then tasted like a medicinal savve that an old lady would rub on her skin. Did not experience that in any other scotch I've had (highland, not sure if I have had a Speyside). Maybe it's just an Islay thing and now I know what to expect.

Feenix, what type of scotch do you prefer? Can say I had an Islay a few weeks back, a highly preferred one by Islay scotch drinkers, and did not care for the flavor. Loved the smoke I got up front but then tasted like a medicinal savve that an old lady would rub on her skin. Did not experience that in any other scotch I've had (highland, not sure if I have had a Speyside). Maybe it's just an Islay thing and now I know what to expect.
Most of mine are single malt. I have had a few from Islay but I have not run into what you had that taste like medicine. Perhaps you might want to share it so others to try or avoid. If you look in #14, the Bruichladdich is from Islay and it is expected - one of my favorites.

Most of mine are single malt. I have had a few from Islay but I have not run into what you had that taste like medicine. Perhaps you might want to share it so others to try or avoid. If you look in #14, the Bruichladdich is from Islay and it is expected - one of my favorites.
Didn't want to say it but, Lagavulin 16

@FEENIX @imartin
I like my smoke in a good cigar when I am drinking a good single malt, but not in my whiskey. I like them from Islay and Speyside and other parts of Scotland and Ireland. I prefer single malt, no less than 12 years old. I can not handle peaty/smokey whiskeys. I guess I am a light weight, but that is my taste!

LOL! I actually like it. It is an acquired taste and not for everybody. It is probably the peatiest I would go.
The guy who served it just takes the smoke, which I really liked and enjoy, but I could not get over the medicinal/savve taste. I can't describe other than a lady here at work was putting it on her skin for some reason or another and that is EXACTLY what this tasted like to my taste buds. I have a lot of whisky to explore, will see if I find it in other islays or not. I figured I was nuts for not liking it bc it's such a popular scotch. Oh well, guess I just need to keep practicing šŸ„ƒ cheers!

@FEENIX @imartin
I like my smoke in a good cigar when I am drinking a good single malt, but not in my whiskey. I like them from Islay and Speyside and other parts of Scotland and Ireland. I prefer single malt, no less than 12 years old. I can not handle peaty/smokey whiskeys. I guess I am a light weight, but that is my taste!
To each his own, no wrong answer on what tastes good to you.