It's a whiskey tasting kinda of night ...

Well, she who must be obeyed just had me hauling the furniture she spent the equivalent of 2 custom builds and a Nightforce backorder on, so I figured I deserved 3 fingers of Basil Hayden. My family are Bourbon drinkers. BH is a little above my pay grade but every once in a while, I splurge. Usually it's Wellers or Buffalo Trace. Sometimes Breckinridge. Maybe someday, I'll transition to Scotch. They say it's an acquired taste but somebody bought me some once, and I seemed to have acquired my way through a fifth of it with a couple of my buddies in rather short order. Still prefer the bourbon for now, I guess. Maybe I'll try Bookers next.
Basil Hayden isn't bad. I do prefer Jailer's (I can't seem to find it anymore) or Talisker though.

SOme good stuff pictured. I enjoy Scotch, learned to enjoy it 53 years ago in Vietnam The Glenfiddich has been around for a long time and it is reserved for very special occasions. The Glenmorangie is very smooth and usually my go-to Scotch, but there are so many others that is good. I am an old man so don't think I will get to try them all. Ladies and gentlemen enjoy your good whisky!
9810A607-DD3D-4E4F-B6C7-DA6C193CD621.jpeg

This is what I was talking about. If a fellow likes the peaty and smokey scotches, then this would be too sweet I would think. But it's not expensive and smooth as any I've had. I personally think it most closely resembles a Canadian whiskey.

Will have to give that a try. Meantime, enjoying a different TX whiskey ...

Balcones TX Whiskey.jpg

Cheers!

I have tried all sorts and I am glad I simply have probably the cheapest taste buds here.
I take some Even Williams honey over ice! I can spend ten times more on something "better"- but I 'll only enjoy it half as much!

They mess up my order and delivered these, They let me keep them for free. 😇

Evan Williams.jpg