It's a whiskey tasting kinda of night ...

1590019965405.jpeg
1590019965405.jpeg

Old forester is always an underdog... you guys inspired me tonight. Don't care about the movie, the stuff in the bottle is good though
1FFD47CC-B661-4FD4-82F4-B0A2C33A7332.jpeg

I found the John J Bowman in Louisiana on my way back from the Precision Rifle Expo last year. Never heard of it but the guy said if you like Blantons you will love this and it's a sleeper. Hasn't been discovered.
Have not been able to find it again. Most stores here don't know what I am talking about.

John J is distilled at Buffalo Trace but distilled an extra time and aged in Virginia.... so it's the same juice, but triple distilled and aged differently. I think it's better than Blantons personally but let's keep that to ourselves

I love my scotch but a friend and I just finished a bottle of pappy van winkle family reserve don't think any thing I have ever drank can compare I will be looking for another kinda hard to find though

You notice in the one pic that Fighting Cock is front and center. Forget advertising and price, go with what suits your taste buds!
i also learned to tell the kids/family to find me an interesting bottle for holidays or birthdays. Keeps me from getting endless crap and a lot of what you see is their gifts.
1590029289342.jpeg