It's a whiskey tasting kinda of night ...

Do I loose my man card for having a knob creek old fashion?
7CAED594-0B73-40AA-A073-C1422A768EFA.jpeg

How do you like the Calumet? I can source that here locally, just haven't tried it yet. Thx.

I really like it, it's very similar to old Sam Houston 15, but more readily available. It has an almost perfect balance of red fruit, vanilla, and caramel with oak, tobacco, and leather. It's noses, drinks, and finishes like a 105 proof should. On the finish the tannins such as oak, leather an tobacco come through but not so much that it's bitter. I'm a high proof kind of guy, but this is one of my favorites. I think it's a good representation of what a 15 year bourbon should be. Every bourbon guy that comes over generally gets a pour blind or otherwise and I've never had anyone say they didn't like it.

Has anyone tried the smoke infusion kit?You know the type; where you place cherrywood chips (or others) in an infuser. You then torch the chips with a butane-torch and watch the smoke fall into you glass of your favourite scotch. Sometimes I like a little more smoke depending on the food or dessert I'm having.

Has anyone tried the smoke infusion kit?You know the type; where you place cherrywood chips (or others) in an infuser. You then torch the chips with a butane-torch and watch the smoke fall into you glass of your favourite scotch. Sometimes I like a little more smoke depending on the food or dessert I'm having.
Yes!

This is the set-up I have.

Amazon product ASIN B078JL6C7B