It's a whiskey tasting kinda of night ...

For what we lack in quality, we make for with quantity.
I can bow hunt from Oct 1 all the way till February 15.
Now if I could just win that lottery so had plenty of time to be in a tree!

I worry about all you whiskey drinkers that your bodies and souls may be in peril...as I gulp down my aged spiced rum! Everything in moderation Brothers!

Bad influencers abound. I now may hafta miss my in-laws birthday party to break open a bottle of something.

Who am I kidding. I plan to shoot the first thing that walks by so I can use the excuse of "skinning a deer" to not go.

What do you suggest to "lighten the spirit" every punt intended

Attachments

• IMG_1060.jpg
    IMG_1060.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1061.jpg
    IMG_1061.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 56
Let me know your thoughts on the GD BearProof. I have a bottle of their North Fork Rye and their Fireweed (Cherry bourbon) and they are both really good.
Redbreast whiskey tasting.jpg

It is a tad too sweet for me to sip as-is. If you like yours on the rocks, it will slightly cut down the sweetness. If you like their Trapline Rye Whiskey or Montana Honey Moonshine from Willis Distillery, you'll like this one.

Portal rum is not a sipping rum, at least not for me. They recommend on the rocks or blended, and I agree. 🤣

I do not know what to make of the Redbreast Irish Whiskey at this time and might have to re-visit for another day of taste testing.

View attachment 316889

It is a tad too sweet for me to sip as-is. If you like yours on the rocks, it will slightly cut down the sweetness. If you like their Trapline Rye Whiskey or Montana Honey Moonshine from Willis Distillery, you'll like this one.

Portal rum is not a sipping rum, at least not for me. They recommend on the rocks or blended, and I agree. 🤣

I do not know what to make of the Redbreast Irish Whiskey at this time and might have to re-visit for another day of taste testing.
Rums fit for straight sipping are rare amidst the kerosene one commonly finds on the shelves in the rum section of most stores. Bayou spiced rum is sippable with or without ice for me. But only made and sold in Louisiana. A friend at deer camp is getting me some.
I want to get him a sipping whiskey that is good but less expensive than the upper tier. What do you obvious experts recommend as the poor man's sipping whiskey?

Rums fit for straight sipping are rare amidst the kerosene one commonly finds on the shelves in the rum section of most stores. Bayou spiced rum is sippable with or without ice for me. But only made and sold in Louisiana. A friend at deer camp is getting me some.
I want to get him a sipping whiskey that is good but less expensive than the upper tier. What do you obvious experts recommend as the poor man's sipping whiskey?
Agreed! It is the same with gin for me.

A real poor man...Glenmorangie 10 year old, just a Poor man, Glenmorangie 12 year old, (single malt)
Thanks very much for the recommendations, fellas. Buffalo Trace is what he was drinking in November, so I know he likes it. I will look for the others as well.