Its a Jeep Thing?

My daughter had one like that.She put 160,000 miles and sold it for what she bought it for.
I think most complaints are about the short wheel base CJ Jeeps.These longer wheel base Jeeps were gems!
Yep, I agree on the shorter wheelbase Jeeps. We bought this Jeep new and we rebuilt it after more than 200K mostly suspension work, 4.0L was still in great shape, and it runs like a champ, the interior looks pretty much new no real wear at all. This Jeep Cherokee Sport model is perhaps one of the best all-around Jeeps they ever built. Just my thought on them... Cheers.

My son had a 1992 Cherokee that we found for sale by old couple for ridiculous price. This was 1998 so we bought for him to run thru high school, thru college and he finally sold it in 2009! Had 260K on it! Rust began to overtake how good it was for bad weather. So it was 17 years old when he sold it but we never felt worried when he was out in bad weather for school, work or even hunting. Great vehicle but dang! Wished it held up better for rust.

My wife drives a Jeep JK and of course I get to drive it on weekends. We get a little foul weather here in Wyoming and it does great on bad roads. The longer wheel base makes for better handling on and off road. Short wheel base is good off road, and it looks good on a trailer getting there.:)

It's all just knowing the capabilities of the rig, tires, and driver. Short wheel base is going to be more challenging as is MT tires and/ or high center of gravity. I love my MTs in deep snow off road. On the black top not so much. It's all a trade off.

I've worked on many jeeps over the years and have not been impressed with durability, reliability and suspension. And after driving my girlfriends FJ Cruiser really don't like them now.

Feel fairly safe in ours, doesn't go over 45 mph.
978CF9DA-4FDB-430A-BBC8-6D79B6C50ED2.jpeg