Its a Jeep Thing?

We rarely get to play in the snow, but a couple years ago....
IMG_4551.jpg

About a mile after I saw a semi jackknife in front of me and jump the crossover road in the median, I had an SUV come up behind me running a bit fast.
He danced around a bit before he bit it, too. Right into the median he went, too.
That was this afternoon east of Livingston.
During the winter there is black ice on that stretch of 90 at 40 miles before Livingston all the way to Bozeman area.
Funny how folks see all kinds of vehicles that slid off the road and think they are immune some how.
Sorry but I had to laugh

During the winter there is black ice on that stretch of 90 at 40 miles before Livingston all the way to Bozeman area.
Funny how folks see all kinds of vehicles that slid off the road and think they are immune some how.
Sorry but I had to laugh
Lolo Pass can get interesting in the dead of winter too. I've been on that stretch and then have the gate close behind me due to avalanche warnings. I didn't have a clue where so I kept driving lol.

Sorry but I had to laugh
In that stretch it could have been the wind that blew them off the road.

I see it all the time.Some people equate 4 wheel drive with bullet proof on ice!
Common sense is not often seen on icy roads anymore.
About a mile after I saw a semi jackknife in front of me and jump the crossover road in the median, I had an SUV come up behind me running a bit fast.
He danced around a bit before he bit it, too. Right into the median he went, too.
In that stretch it could have been the wind that blew them off the road.
The wind is what took the semi. I was watching as he went from driving in a straight line to not so straight. He corrected but went a little too far.
At that point it was down into the tulips.

The SUV, on the other hand, was just running too fast on those roads.
They didnt appear to get out of the throttle when it got loose, either, which didnt help. Although it did make the whole thing a little more entertaining to watch!

I'll take a straight axle Jeep over an IFS FJ lol.
We were on the beach on padre island from malaquite went to the land cut doing 60 mph most of the way. Most jeeps would be bouncing around to much to do that.
Now my buddy who's property backs up to mine has done several conversions were he put Chevy running gear under the jeep chassis. Much wider stance and usually not as bouncy.

The wind is what took the semi. I was watching as he went from driving in a straight line to not so straight. He corrected but went a little too far.
At that point it was down into the tulips.

The SUV, on the other hand, was just running too fast on those roads.
They didnt appear to get out of the throttle when it got loose, either, which didnt help. Although it did make the whole thing a little more entertaining to watch!
Probably had the cruise control set at 75 mph.

We were on the beach on padre island from malaquite went to the land cut doing 60 mph most of the way. Most jeeps would be bouncing around to much to do that.
Now my buddy who's property backs up to mine has done several conversions were he put Chevy running gear under the jeep chassis. Much wider stance and usually not as bouncy.
I'm snow wheeling for hunting and fishing. Or scouting for hunting or fishing. I'm not running down some beach at 60 mph, nor do I care to. Different strokes for different folks.

IFS for my soft running light duty rigs. Straight axle for, like my XJ, for running out in the woods.